Discrepancy on solar app Vs smart meter readings for power consumption from grid.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to move the CT as like John says the system is working its just the reporting which is missing data so id rather not break it.
Ive raised it to the supplier since it doesnt appear to be anything obvious that i can fix myself so ill just wait to see what they come back with.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice

I'm not going to move the CT as like John says the system is working its just the reporting which is missing data so id rather not break it.
Ive raised it to the supplier since it doesnt appear to be anything obvious that i can fix myself so ill just wait to see what they come back with.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice
Did you get anywhere with your discrepancies?

This sounds similar to the issue I was having, see my post https ://electricianforum.co.uk/threads/solar-pv-vs-grid-usage.55912/

Turned out to be a cross wire in the fuse box which was fixed today. Hopefully the usage reflected from Octopus will now be the same as my solar app

So i have been in touch with growatt and it looks to be a restriction in their app that results in power being imported from the grid into the battery only being included in the self consumption stat and not being readily available.
As a result it seems there is no way to get an accurate reading from the app to show the full imported amount.
They have raised it as a improvement request but in the meantime ill just have to make do with having to rely on Octopus for the Import and growatt for the solar stats.

Latest posts