Eic report

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris7

Reaction score
Hi guys
So me and an old work mate have been doing board change, rewire and install for a new loft and kitchen on my brothers renovation on the weekends. Im only trained up to C&G 2365 Level 3 Diploma and my mate is fully qualified electrician. I've basically been doing all the leg work, he's been mainly coming to guide and help now and then and was going to do the testing. As times gone on its been harder and harder to get him to come in, various excuses so ive ended up having to finish a lot off on my own. Now we need the testing done but he's been stalling etc.
So if I do the testing would my level of education/experience be enough to satisfy the build inspectors or would it still need to bested by a fully qualified spark or would they send out some to check at a cost to my brother? I've got a multifunction tester I bought when I was doing my course for practice, just needs a uptodate calibration. If it's going to be cheaper just to get someone out to do the cert rather than building control sending someone out then we'll do that.
I'd would have like to test it with my friend but it's not looking likely
Sorry for the long post

BC don't seem to bothered about registrations, just want a cert. But that will vary from council to council.

BC would almost certainly charge more for testing than a contractor. You won't have to register the job with BC, ie via NAPIT or NICEIC website, as it all ready falls under their control.

no legal requirement for you to be qualified. as for building control, that's upto them. they may accept an EIC from you or they may send someone out

no legal requirement for you to be qualified. as for building control, that's upto them. they may accept an EIC from you or they may send someone out
Thanks that's basically my understanding of it. If he does get back to me this week I'll do it myself
Cheers

BC don't seem to bothered about registrations, just want a cert. But that will vary from council to council.

BC would almost certainly charge more for testing than a contractor. You won't have to register the job with BC, ie via NAPIT or NICEIC website, as it all ready falls under their control.
Thanks that's great I've done bits of testing with other people but this will be my first time doing a full certificate on my own since my college days

Latest posts