extractor fan to exit through roof?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkattack

Reaction score
Hi, ive been called to a job were the bathroom has been installed with a shower but they have installed the extractor fan is on other side of the room to the shower and on the wall because its not possible to get from the loft down into the soffit due to rafters and they want a better one fitted to remove steam etc. Only option is to fit in ceiling and fit have it escape through the roof but after speaking to wholesalers they didnt seem to stock anything suitable. Do you know of any kits so this can be done? Its a normal felt battened roof with ordinary roof tiles. Any help greatly recieved, cheers

I've done quite a few fans which exit through the roof. My company pays a builder/ roofer to fit a weathertile on the roof (which has a vertical duct outlet sticking up a cowl on the top of it). Once fitted there is a 100/ 150mm flexihose dangling down from underneath the weathertile which you just fix your flexiduct to with tie wraps. Some sparks are brave enough to fit them themselves : O) ....

Get a roofer in who can fit a tile spigot outlet thingy. In the loft you will have a 100mm spigot sticking down from the roof, attach your flexi-duct to that.

I can't remember the proper name , a roofer will know.

You may need a condensation trap on it if it goes through the roof sometimes can be a pain as they need an overflow pipe to the outside to take any condensation outside.

Latest posts