Had your Fluke nicked recently, anyone??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naaaaahhhhh.... :eek: :|

You Plonker PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's bleedin obvious...... :C

the Fluke is for sale....

Cuz the Fluke carry case is FULL OF RUDDY BATTERIES...

& can't fit the meter in any more... :)

once this flippin compertwitshion is all finished the seller will be wanting to

buy a new one to put back in the case...

which no longer has the batteries in it!!!! :innocent :innocent

While you are by the door...

pass me coat m8! :x

:coat :coat:coat

and i thought me spelling and grammer were bad

Gawd.That has the distinctive smell of pickled herrings; I can smell it coming through the pikey piccie.

Maybe we should ask what the serial number is??
he will prob tell you they dont have serial numbers. or at least that one doesnt anyway

Well, I asked for the serial number and the calibration date.

Anyone know what the format is for Fluke serial numbers on this type of product? he gave me a number but I want to know if it's in the right format

Apparently it was bought new in Sept 2009 and he hasn't had it calibrated as he's only used it twice!

Fluke serial number is a 7 digit number, located in the battery compartment, with a Barcode under it.

Well, I asked for the serial number and the calibration date.
As did I. :)

The following is what I received: (quoted) - serial number has been blanked out by me.

sending you some information :model1652B ,serial number 99XXXXX, date 2009-05-12. i try but my phone making rubbish quality pictures. and not sure if i would be able put another one
Is there a feature on the fluke website to check out serial numbers? Or have you got to e-mail them? (I have emailed them).

Ask for a pic of the serial.
I did ask (with his username wrote on a piece of paper to be included in the photo of the serial number. (but, see his reply above).

Quoted below is the e-mail reply that I have just received from FlukeUK. (senders name removed)

Good morningThe serial number you have given does not show on our records of ever having been sent in to the Fluke service team or shows on our list of stolen items but we could not say 100% that it is not stolen as not everyone would report it.

The date he has given shows that it was manufactured May/June 2009. Please note that there is no warranty given on instruments that are purchased from E-Bay.

Kind regards

Think the message there is, unless its realy realy cheap (like tens of pounds), avoid. I'm sure Megger Mark can find you a nice new unit (maybe not megger or fluke though) for not too much more that will not have fallen off the back of a lorry and will have a warranty.

I don't want one Mate - I was checking to see if the one in OP was stolen. (I have a Fluke MFT).

I guessed you didnt as you have one ;) . It was a more general message of caution much like yours was.