2330 level 3 302 exams

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste02293

Reaction score
Hi guys, l am all new to this forum, l am currently doing the 2330 level 3, and my 302 written exams is coming up, is anybody out can help me get my head around things to look out for, even though l go to lectures twice a week l am still finding it a bit tough. Please help.

Have you looked at the student learning zone on here? If I remember rightly the written exam asks questions regarding earthing arrangements testing procedures, type of instruments used and ranges they operate in. Safe isolation. Amazon do a useful book about 2330 lvl3 which could explain things a bit clearer for you.

Im sure I posted some papers on here somewhere. Have a search mate and im sure youll find them. If not PM me as i have some exam papers somewhere. Where abouts are you from in Kent matey?

hi there im in leeds and ive got the 302 written exam on the 28th of this month , the tutor at the collage im at has given me some sample questions but im finding some of them hard to understand ,its the way C & G ask the questions they twist them i guess i have to do some serious revision lol

Anyone doing the 302 written exam all i can offer is this advice as I passed mine with a Distinction last week.

Use Swindon Massive and review/review/review all aspects of Unit 302.

Learn conduit calcs.

Learn how to complete diagrams for TN-S, TN-C-S etc.

You may get questions on types of drawings/diagrams (layout/wiring/circuit etc).

Roles of people (Architect/main contractor/client etc)

Probably get a question like "List 6 ways to make a work area safe prior to commencing work (not including safe isolation)"

Chances are you'll get one question on the adiabatic equation (don't forget the formula can be found in the 17th edition)

Other than that, all your other questions will be answered within your OSG and your 17th Edition. Don't forget you can USE them!!!

Also don't forget that each question is worth 6 marks.

You had your 2330 level 3 302 exam result quick mate.

Your Lecturer must be on the ball. :)

Exam taken on Friday 11th March

Results were given out on Friday 18th March

Bane

Are you absolutely sure you can take the OSG and 17th edition into the 302/303 underpinning knowledge written exam? Can you please confirm this - so I can relax a little.

I was told by my lecturer I can take them into the planning and practical only, and wouldn't be allowed in the underpinning knowledge exams!

It's stressing me out a little, as I have all my exams in within the next few weeks

When I did the 302 and 303, my college didn't seem at all sure about the books issue, but I managed to find it on the City and Guilds website. I just had a quick look and can't find it, but it's there somewhere - I have to go out now but I'll try again later.

Ooh, I've just found it. I'm not sure how to post a link, but if you go to Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology | Engineering and Transport | Electrical and Electronic | City & Guilds and click on the permitted reference material at the bottom of the page under key documents, it will show you what you are allowed in the exam.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
As Ali says, you are allowed then into the exam. But, you cannot mark them etc. And if the external verifiers catch you with a marked book, expect to be asked to leave.

BaneAre you absolutely sure you can take the OSG and 17th edition into the 302/303 underpinning knowledge written exam? Can you please confirm this - so I can relax a little.

I was told by my lecturer I can take them into the planning and practical only, and wouldn't be allowed in the underpinning knowledge exams!

It's stressing me out a little, as I have all my exams in within the next few weeks
100%. Everyone had them. Myself included. 302 written and 303 written exams. OSG and big red book.

Don't know about anyone else but with our lot, there books weren't checked either (as long as you don't have post it's stuck everywhere)

Yes it states that you can use the OSG and 17th Ed Regs book - but doesn't state definitively which parts of the exam they can be used i.e. Planning, Practical or UnderPinning Knowledge

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:47 ----------

Thanks Bane you are correct.

Have enquired with C&G directly. The lady I I spoke was very helpful, and had to be put me on hold for 5minutes while she found out.

She confirmed that all permitted material OSG + 17th Ed Regs + 17th Ed Corrigendum can be used.

So I am liite happier now

:)

Thats made me

As Ali says, you are allowed then into the exam. But, you cannot mark them etc. And if the external verifiers catch you with a marked book, expect to be asked to leave.
my regs book is full of highlights from when i done the 17th edition course and has the chapters all seperated too ,,i hope i haven't got to get a new one now :(

my regs book is full of highlights from when i done the 17th edition course and has the chapters all seperated too ,,i hope i haven't got to get a new one now :(
Rem, you would be given a clean set of Regs for you to borrow for the exam period at worst.AndyGuinness
I had to purchase a new regs book. :_| (I too, did that for quick reference, whilst revising for my 17th Edition (2382-10)).

:(

LOL, my BRB is full of quick reference notes at the back and highlighted texts and even the index page is highlighted too for me. Glad I don't need to use it for exams anymore or i'd be stuffed!!

Big green book is due out in July though iirc?

Hi m4tty i was wondering whether you could send me some past papers for the 2330 level 3 302 exam? Thank You.

Agree with above; here is a bit more from one of my earlier posts.

When answering questions at level 3 points are always awarded

even if the answer is incomplete but the candidate has gone some

of the way to a complete answer.

If there is a question on inspection and test full marks are given if

the candidate uses "Schedule of inspections" and "Schedule of test

results".

If the candidate states "a list of things examined" and "reads off the

multimeter" you can imagine what impact this will have on the final

mark.

I stress that marks are easily picked up with good sketches, clear

labelling, that fully reflect what the question demands. There are

6 marks here.

When answering the question on motor starters it always assists

if the candidate has actually LOOKED at contactor design and knows

how to sketch one, albeit in a line diagram form.

Marks are lost for incoherent answers, lack of knowledge of symbols,

inability to do cable sizing calculations, inability to apply the adiabatic

equation, inability to do trunking and conduit sizing and in the last cases

the answer only has one point. All references must be included with

the tables used. These are only a few areas where marks are lost. There

are plenty more.