Conduit calcs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhamoggy

Reaction score
Could someone please go thru how to work out conduit sizes plz.

An example to follow would be great too including a bend or two

Actually, if someone could use this example, was from 302 exam the other day.

What is the conduit size for 6 x 6mm cables in a 10 metre run with 2 bends

Thanks guys

Could someone please go thru how to work out conduit sizes plz.An example to follow would be great too including a bend or two

Actually, if someone could use this example, was from 302 exam the other day.

What is the conduit size for 6 x 6mm cables in a 10 metre run with 2 bends

hi mate not 100 % sure but here goes: onsite guide pages 117 to 120 relate to conduits, 6mm csa cable factor is 58-table 5c

6* 58=348. using table 5D 10m run with 2 bends 261-474 shows 32mm conduit size.348 is less than 474 so 32mm conduit should be ok. Would be glad if someone could let us now if that is right or wrong.I've got my 302 exam in june.So still learning this module.Look through pages 117-122.Hope it helps.cheers

Thanks guys
hi mate not 100 % sure but here goes: onsite guide pages 117 to 120 relate to conduits, 6mm csa cable factor is 58-table 5c

6* 58=348. using table 5D 10m run with 2 bends 261-474 shows 32mm conduit size.348 is less than 474 so 32mm conduit should be ok. Would be glad if someone could let us now if that is right or wrong.I've got my 302 exam in june.So still learning this module.Look through pages 117-122.Hope it helps.cheers

Nice one hasan, seeing the workings easy to follow, our tutors never showed us and needless to say, up pops a conduit calc in the 302 exam

Not sure of the answer but I thought there was cakes about was feeling a bit hungry so came in for a quick look then realised it was conduit calcs

Not sure of the answer but I thought there was cakes about was feeling a bit hungry so came in for a quick look then realised it was conduit calcs
Lol

Hi, I have Uploaded three Conduit Calcs papers to the Education Section, They are very good and very easy to learn from. Cheers!! :)

Hi, I have Uploaded three Conduit Calcs papers to the Education Section, They are very good and very easy to learn from. Cheers!! :)
Unfortunately, I have had to delete the files that you uploaded to our download area.

The reason I had to do this is that they are copyrighted material.

hi

:Blushing i dnt mean to jump on the band wagon but i really am struggling and would appreciate it if you could also email them to me please i was at college today and i just got fobbed off and told its hit and miss 8-/

[email protected]

thanks

Just as a comment I am not sure that the example

from the 302 exam really tests the candidate's knowledge.

If you look at the tables you can see that conduit is

suitable up to a maximum length with a maximum number

of bends (4).

A suggestion might be that the calculation is made a little

simpler and then the second part asks what would happen

if there was a change in the design, the outcome to which

was consideration of trunking as a preference.

Others have had thoughts along similar lines.