Dealing With Letting Agents

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrikent

Reaction score
I've done a inspection & test on a property that is rented. The installation has failed on numerous issues, so want to get the conditioning report done asap. Report all done, except for Landlord's name and address. So, we're working for a maintenance company, they're working for the letting agent, on behalf of the landlord. The letting agent won't give us the landlord details because the landlord doesn't want them to. Now, under Part P, I'm under the impression you have to supply both owner and occupier details when notifying. But this is a conditions report, an unsatisfactory one at that. There are no 1's, so it's not dangerous, just a few 2's and lots of 3's. Do I issue the certificate without details? I have done a Land Registry search on the property, so do have the property owners details. Any comments and suggestions please.

Whoever is paying you for the work, put them down.

Something like:

On behalf of ABC lettings, 1 Long Street, Sometown, Somewhere

There should be no need to start doing land registry searches, I'm not convinced that is really in the spirit of things. Going a little above and beyond the call of duty there (IMO)

Also I didn't think you could 'fail' I thought it was a report on the current situation.

1/ Part P has NOTHING to do with inspections (visual or full) / condition reports & the like!

You may want to re-read Approved document P to check on what work is and isn't notifiable!!!!

:shakehead

2/ Then go back and read the top of page 396 of BS7671..

sample condition report..

Top left hand side  read on...

"Section A : Details Of The Client / Person Ordering The Report"

Section B: reason........etc

"Section C :  Details Of the Installation Which Is The Subject Of The Report"

(Sounds like the Vet understands more about the basics of PIR's than Competent Person doing the work!!!) 

:C

p.s.

There is NO fail or pass...

re read section E & F of the same page..

Last edited by a moderator: