Lighting Control In Commercial Premises - What Systems Have You Used?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a commercial premises, which until today was having a grid switch array beside the main doors....

There are about 35 fluoros in the "warehouse"; and a few high- and lo- bays as well. In a couple of months, there are likely to be a dozen offices - I`m hoping they`ll go for LED flat panels - but as yet unknown.

The request is for local area push switches, and a "last man out" by the final door, that drops out all lighting.

Now, other than dimmer rack systems, I`ve not dealt with any of the "off the shelf" solutions - under normal circumstances, I`d just build a contactor panel for them.

But I don`t have enough time on this job - it`ll HAVE to be a preworked solution. Anyone used any; which ones, and were they any good??

Thank you 

So the push switch is to activate the area or to turn the area off?

Last edited by a moderator:
Click do a configurable control box which you could place in each area with little extra effort has capacity for EM lighting too. Then contactor's for lmo at the main distro point. Can't think of or say I've seen a pre built system off the shelf that does all you want..

If you need my help you know where I am.

I do, and I think I will.....................

The cold room and fermentation rooms are being built on site week commencing 10th Nov ( so all height works need to be done there first).

The Brewery suppliers are installing their kit from 10th Dec - they want all submains and supplies in place then..........

DNO are awesome - had my oppo out last Tuesday, quote through the door Saturday. Cheque in his hand Monday, and he thinks they`ll be coming to lay the cable ( if we`ve got the trenching in) this time next week.

THAT is what you call "service" ;)

n.b. d`you have a link to the Click box?

Wow...no messing from WPD there.I'll see if I can find the click book from elex will let you know if I find it and its suitable.

Mmmmm

Ceiling sensors........

Not going to be too useful here, methinks. Primarily because its an open warehouse, for the most part - sloping roof 7 metres high, with lighting a mix of T5 sealed HF and HPI sealed units.

Need wall switching ideally bud :)

If your going to have boards around the different areas, you could just have a master control circuit for the lmo, with the lighting feeds through contactors at the various points where your boards are. Then use normal switching arrangements where needed. Thats how we set the range stores up anyhoo.

I've always been slightly disappointed with Steinel, they seem to lack range, and tyhe one in my back garden doesn't seem sensitive enough at times, in its defence I will say it has been in place for 5 years

Thanks guys.

Looked into this - need to reach agreement with the client now.

Paddler - if we do have a contactor panel, I`ll likely do it myself......but that reminds me.... where are we with those hotel contactors? I could do with putting that job to bed. ;)