Tesco Going Down The Pan?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/tesco-to-face-criminal-probe-after-265million-hole-found-in-profits-9826723.html

Not sure anyone cares...I'm just a sleep deprived lunatic, but.... They've had enough of my money over the years and the amount of time I've spent Queing in a tesco express to the sound of a desperately rung bell to which no one answers!

They would replace all staff with robots if they could.

They clearly knew there was shergar in the lasagne.

They can F off!

Oh and just one more thing... Is this the start of another dip? I hear house prices are going down too :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha Ha, they were not concerned about all the small local shops they put out of business, BEFORE they started their extortionate charging. They must be really crap managers though, i predict fraud, with them "buying out" their own company to the detriment of the inland revenue, or creditors. Why?? Because as far as i know, tesco have loads of assets, they went round buying up LOADS of land when it was relatively cheap, so they could put shops on it years later. Whether they had the money to buy this land, or borrowed it, remains to be seen......

john..

Don't agree.

We don't have a Morrisons, or Waitrose, we do have a Sainsbury and a Tesco, oh and an Asda, Sainsbury have always charged more for the same thing, Asda is too far, and doesnt have most of what we want, so Tesco it is then.

and what about toilet roll these days?  thats going down the pan too.

Tesco, the masters of very trick ithe book to extract money from customers - stopped shopping there years ago for food when the axed most of the choice in favour of clothes etc etc. 'All that every penny helps' tosh, Aldi and Lidl really save me ££s . Oddly enough if I want a cheap electrical item, like kettle for site, Tesco is where I go.

google is your friend,

before i leave work I simply search

'cheap carlsberg'

morrisons is top at the minute, 10£ for 20cans,  the magical 50p /can  :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/tesco-to-face-criminal-probe-after-265million-hole-found-in-profits-9826723.html

Not sure anyone cares...I'm just a sleep deprived lunatic, but.... They've had enough of my money over the years and the amount of time I've spent Queing in a tesco express to the sound of a desperately rung bell to which no one answers!

They would replace all staff with robots if they could.

They clearly knew there was shergar in the lasagne.

They can F off!

Oh and just one more thing... Is this the start of another dip? I hear house prices are going down too :(
Its  always possible , although everyone I know seems to be busy including myself .

Jaguar seem confident , just opened a new engine plant in Woolyhampton.

Just had a letter from Natwest  to say they will be cutting the interest rates AGAIN  on savings accounts  to 0.75 % .  Simlar thing with their ISAs  and a note to say if you want go elsewhere  we will gladly assist you .      Like they WANT you to take savings eleswhere.   Something going on there .

My mate was advised off buying a house and told to wait a few months...

The busyness won't stop until the last minute or when people are sure it's all over and they are doomed.

As for the bank they don't want good old savings anymore they just like hedges ;)

:^O

one of the senior departmental managers they sacked was ' head of impulse purchases' , as I said I got fed-up with their every trick in the book attitude to customers, and this is exactly what I mean.

There is an actual science of product placement for supermarkets ,  I always feel like a laboratory rat being guided up & down the aisles ....Oh look! all the sweets etc  that kids are attracted to are at low level  etc.

Missus Deke is amazed if she says,say,  call at Asda we have no teabags ...I get home , what did you buy ?   Teabags . What nothing else ?  No we needed teabags , I got teabags.

Didn't you have a look round ?

No

Oh   men are strange ! :C   

There is an actual science of product placement for supermarkets ,  I always feel like a laboratory rat being guided up & down the aisles ....Oh look! all the sweets etc  that kids are attracted to are at low level  etc.

Missus Deke is amazed if she says,say,  call at Asda we have no teabags ...I get home , what did you buy ?   Teabags . What nothing else ?  No we needed teabags , I got teabags.

Didn't you have a look round ?

No

Oh   men are strange ! :C   
:slap

yep, i get the same,

she will give me a list and I go do the shopping, in about a 1/4 the time it takes Aggie,

then she'll ask what did you get,?

what was on the list,

what else did you get?

:shakehead

While looking for the three word story I stumbled across this.....

Today tesco's credit rating was demoted to "junk status".

Again Am Wondering if there is another crash on the horizon?

Binky has it spot on. They are a disgusting company.

Round here all we have is Tesco. no asda, no Sainsburys etc. A large piece of land came up and the big supermarkets were invited to bid on it, all the locals were like "Great! Some competition/ a different store to shop " Coz you get tired of the same **** all the time.

Tesco greased every palm it needed to to make sure it went to them.

Then they said "as an incentive to the people of Seaton we promise to create 900 jobs and build 600 'affordable' i.e. sh&t houses on the rest of the land." The store got built.

Suddenly a statement appeared in the press, "Oh! would you look at that! We made a small mistake and the store is bigger than we thought, we'll only be able to build 200 houses now. Sorry." oh really? the plans didn't tell you that then?

And the jobs they created? Basically, if you get one, you are expected to work 2 hour shifts on an ever changing rota. So they tell you a few days before when you are due to work. a 2 hour shift. And you cant do any other jobs coz you are on a rota that gets compiled weekly. So the 900 jobs they created are useless and of course no-one wants them.

Hate the company