Rat Poison

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having read the label I assume it's NOT a good idea to let the cat run round in the loft where there's rat poison been laid down? Never quite sure if it's because the cat will eat the rat/mouse/squirrel or the poison itself? 

Admittedly I don't have a cat any longer but could "borrow" one.

As an aside if I sprinkled some "shaved" cat hair would that act as a deterrent? 

well, a ferret is good,

apparently the smell will be good for about a week,

failing that, but I cant confirm this one,

a snake will do the job as well, and, I dont think the poison will do them any harm.

well, a ferret is good,

apparently the smell will be good for about a week,

failing that, but I cant confirm this one,

a snake will do the job as well, and, I dont think the poison will do them any harm.
Someone once told me that the shed skin of a snake would do the trick and I was debating asking the neighbour who had a damn great white python (had to get rid when it got too big for comfort) but never got round to it. 

Took the kids to a reptile rescue place called "Beaver World" and I asked one of the keepers if it was true. She reckoned NOT.

i think its got to be live,

smell apparently, maybe,

I have heard also about the snake skin, but had my doubts,

dont you know anyone with a ferret? they do smell a bit though,  :slap

i think its got to be live,

smell apparently, maybe,

I have heard also about the snake skin, but had my doubts,

dont you know anyone with a ferret? they do smell a bit though,  :slap
My brother used to keep them years back and rabbit with them. Both jills and both called ERIC for some reason! Tbh as "rodent" type things (mustelids?) I'd be worried if THEY ate the poison.

I wonder if the kids would fancy one as a pet?  :lol:

I can't see a cat eating rat poison TBH. See a number of farm dogs trying to bleed to death each year from rat poison ingestion