Pre Xmas Panic...not For Me!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I already told you in another thread of my Friday "no hot water" call out, which turned out to need a plumber not a sparks.

I've got two outside light jobs to try and get done before Wednesday, but I've been putting them off for 2 weeks already because it never stops raining, so they probably won't get done.

I had someone phone me in a panic...

Do you do showers ? Ours is dripping and we'd like it replaced... So I arranged to go there after today's callout as they were doing the usual thing of thinking that they could just sling a 10.5kW shower in no matter what the size of the cable is.

Well I get there and they currently have a 8.5kW on 6.0 t&e so I inform them of their error and that they'd have to have another 8.5kW,,, then they ask if I can get a replacement and fit it.... Not a chaance of me getting one, I have a board change and shower circuit to install on Monday and Tuesday,, I told them if they get one that I might be able to fit in on Tues pm or maybe Wed am...I'll have to work my cotton socks off and see if I can get it done on Ties as I don't really want to be working on Christmas eve at all if I can help it

One of my customers with too much money had me install 12+   50w LED floods in there massive garden so there little rats/dogs can be seen in the garden and not be eaten by a fox.

The same customer had some of his Bulgarian workforce install a large fence around the same massive garden to keep the little dogs safe. A few weeks later the Bulgarian rung me as the owner was away.

Bulgarian - 'I think i hit some SWA as the fence post is steaming'

Me -    'Have you done anything to stop it?   Make sure you turn off the supply  which is at XYZ....'

Bulgarian - ' I poured some water over the post to cool it down' bad day explode

I also had a call today asking for lights to be fitted before xmas as he had promised the wife. I said 2nd week in January works for me.

Tomorrow: 3 security lights, 1 cooker, 2 lighting faults then I got to do a favour for a mate on the way home and Xmas shopping all in one day then I'm off til 3rd January :D

Time to start drinking at 9am

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent an estimate out on the 24th Nov and the customer emailed me this evening asking about my availability between tomorrow and the end of the year!

I 've always had the same every year .........its the old story of people imagining we are sitting the office just waiting for them to call and are totally nonplussed to find you have other customers , a waiting list and our own life .

Had a call today from a regular who was talking about some extra dado in his home office, some outside feature lights, and a new kitchen light, we discussed this at easter, he wants to know what days I'm available over the holidays,

I don't think he has grasped the term holidays,,,,