Lifetime Of Bulb

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I presume you want to know which one to buy , that will last a long time  Candylion.  

The old GLS lamps  ( the ones Edison /Swan  invented)  appear to last a long time if you don't switch them off ....these are disapearing fast in the UK but LED type lamps have long life guarantees  .

What is the reason for asking ?

Regarding the lamp that is in an American fire station, sad thing is, it has its own webcam click here
Yet again our blue on blue, friendly fire, country invading, land stealing, oil thieving colonial cousins trying to create a bit of History....Sir, YES SIR,!

You think the lamp website is a tad boring........

Try this

http://smp.uq.edu.au/content/pitch-drop-experiment

Oh, and to put the record straight for all the Yanks.....Edisond DID NOT INVENT the electric light/lamp.......he improved upon a BRITISH INVENTION

http://inventors.about.com/od/lstartinventions/a/lighting_2.htm

Just clarifying

Hi, could anyone please tell me which bulb has the longest lifetime? Many thanks!

Is this related to your recent questions regarding LED lamps? If so LED's will be the ones with much longer lifespan typically in the tens of thousands hours compared with a couple of thousand hours for a traditional incandescent lamp. For exact durations you will need to look at manufactures data.

Doc H.

thanks for your comments! Yes i do want to buy a bulb which can last longer so just curious of asking.

they stole Deke's invention
Those DamnYankees  :innocent     We only wanted a bit more tax on a cuppa tea  ...what do they do ?  Sling it all into Boston Bay  & told us to sod off & take our Redcoats with us .

If they'd played their cards right they could have still been British today & we would have had somewhere to send all our imigrants .....they'd have a Queen ,  they'd be driving on the correct side of the road ..........they'd have no constitution ...no guns  & warm beer . No pleasing some .  :C

been stealing the Revs' jokes again.

apparently the national language of the USA nearly ended up as German - wouldn't that have change the world we live in. Just hope Candylion understands British humour before getting all offended like! :^O

friendly fire was going on long before the USA was invented
Yeah but those were mistakes!

The Yanks decided to put a spin on it and term it the more 'acceptable' "friendly fire" didn't they?....i like to think they did.

Even if they did not I can still blame them, and say the Shiraz caused it