Install Double Socket Off 20Amp Junction Box

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbadger

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a 20 amp junction box feeding under counter spotlights x 3 (20 watt bulbs) in the kitchen. I was wondering if  can feed a double socket from the junction box as well as I need to feed 3 led in cabinet lights x 4 (1.5watt each) that come with the transformer built into a plug?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

I could put in a 100amp junction box and 1mm cable, the cable is only good for 10amps regardless of the size of a junction box therefore no good for a socket.

As the previous^ post states you need to know the size of the device protecting the cable and the maximum current of the cable.

Under counter lighting is usually fed via a13a spur off the socket circuit or off the lighting circuit.

Mornin slipper  :Salute

Read the post Andy he wants to only feed some more lights that have a built in transformer .Also if that was not the case what problem is there its backed by a 6 amp fuse

It all depends on exactly where said 13a socket is going to be!

I've got 3 in my kitchen off the lighting circuit BUT they are all behind the kick boards for the plinth lights.

silverbadger, have you considered different lamps? Ones that don't need a "wall wart", or you could consider an "in line" power supply

cctv-Inline-power-supply-psu1-150x150.jpg

Something like the one above. (First one I found) Then you could cut the plug off and wire it into your JB

Last edited by a moderator: