13A shower

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of our guys gets asked to look at a 9.5kw shower. 'It must be faulty cos the spur fuse keeps blowing' says the customer. Must be a switch/circuit breaker we think. This is what he found

IMG_0177.jpgIMG_0178.jpg

Thats wire wrapped round the open fuse

I once removed a 4KW shower. Yes that's right, a 4KW shower.  It must have re defined the meaning of pathetic cold dribble of water under which to try and wash your body.

I  can beat that. Did a PIR on a flat not touched  since the early 50s and it had a 3kw shower. It was a cream colour cylinder about 100 mm round with a 15mm pipe either end. You opened a stop cock to regulate the flow & temp. It felt mega hot to me and the tenant was happy with it.

I  can beat that. Did a PIR on a flat not touched  since the early 50s and it had a 3kw shower. It was a cream colour cylinder about 100 mm round with a 15mm pipe either end. You opened a stop cock to regulate the flow & temp. It felt mega hot to me and the tenant was happy with it.

maybe 12"-16" long?

sounds like those little stand alone immersion heaters that simply heat the water as it was drew off the cylinder,

were massively popular with NIHE in the 80s & 90s

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe 12"-16" long?

sounds like those little stand alone immersion heaters that simply heat the water as it was drew off the cylinder,

were massively popular with NIHE in the 80s & 90s
Dont remember it being that long, but this was at least 10 years ago.  It worked very well, better than all those silly dribbly hand wash's