Dicky alarm after power cut

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Inkwater

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope I'm in the correct part of the forum

My problem is a slight variation on some previous posts, We have the securitech C023-203 issue 1. We had a power cut a few days ago, and since then the alarm box on the outside of the house has green light intermittent (normally constant), and red light flashing (normally off), also the box in adjacent room to keypad is giving a constant buzz tone. The alarm has not sounded at all, (not ever for that matter).

I don't know what any of this means and am afraid to do anything in case I make it worse. I don't have a user manual or engineers manual and although I passed 16th edition in the naughties, I'm pretty useless where alarm systems are concerned. We bought the house 11 years ago and we phoned the previous owner who ''think the code is ---- but not sure''

Any guidance most gratefully appreciated.

Probably needs a new panel battery. But if you don't use the alarm why not just down power it?

Good question Richard, I guess it only uses very minimal power and it doesn't hurt to give the impression that its in commission.

The worry is that if I change the battery out, it will need re-programming, and I don't have any code numbers or a manual..

A majority of alarms use a rechargeable battery that has a recommended manufactures lifespan of approx. 5 years.

if you haven't replaced the battery in the past 5 years it is probably shot....

most alarm panels have a small power supply that can trickle charge a good battery...

But if you have a really knackerd battery then the PSU cannot work the panel correctly and try to charge the battery at the same time....

either replace the battery....

or deff-out the alarm   (just leave the bell box up as a a dummy deterrent!)

Guinness

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I didn't know any of that. But given that I have no manual or password, I'm guessing the alarm will actuate once I put a good battery in?

We never used the alarm because we had a cat,  when the cat died we just forgot about it, but the power cut setting off the buzz in internal siren and red flashing external box has forced us to address the issue and want the system in proper use now

If you want to "start using it" but you don't know any codes and have a flat battery you should start by down loading the engineers manual for it, and find out how (if you can) default the number. Some older panels you have to default everything if the customer code is lost.

Or you could buy a new panel and keypad and change it yourself, or you could call an alarm company and get them to change it.

Thanks Richard, that's a great help, I'll follow your advice.

Can you point me to where I can get the engineers manual for free or cheapest? it doesn't seem to be available on this site