Help filling in some boxes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ag95

Reaction score
hi, I am an apprentice learning to do a bit of testing and am wondering if you could please help with a few boxes I am struggling with on a condition report as below.

1.nature of supply parameters- taken at the board, can my prospective fault current be 587A( result given at same time as earth fault loop impedance)

2.details of rcd main switch- difference between current rating( this time is 100A) and the 'fuse/device rating or setting'

3.details of red main switch-cannot find the 'rated time delay'

Thanks in advance

1. you take the highest of either the PEFC or PSCC as the PFC (if 3 phase double it)
  2. Details would/could be something like 80A 30mA BSEN 61008 if an RCD
  3. You wont..................details will be 100A 230v & BSEN 60947-3 (if a modern domestic type) the time delay aspect is if you have an S type (time delay) rcd as a main switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the reply, i have researched since and found that my earth fault loop reading is 0.39 so divided by the voltage, the reading i got to would seem to be suitable. for no. 2, i take it it may be n/a as i already have 100A as the current rating and for no. 3, i will put n/a. thanks for the help