Wiring For Boiler/Immersion?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack07

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My folks own a hotel in a remote location, they've just had a new heating system installed which needs to be up and running

by Tomorrow night for it opening to the public.

Anyway, the electrician who was contracted (by plumber) to do the wiring has a family emergency so can't get to the job for a few

days, so I'm going to do the wiring, I'am a qualified electrician but have zero experience with boilers etc as I'm an industrial

electrician.

So I was hoping someone with experience could point me in the right direction?

It's a Vaillant ecoTeEC plus boiler with a programmer. There's also two 600/800 ltr cylinders which are connected, each cylinder has

2 thermostats. There aren't any valves. I'm confidant in wiring up the boiler/programmer, but I'm struggling with the wiring for the

cylinders/thermostats. The cylinders are obviously a backup, but from what I understand the the cylinder thermostats need to control

the heating?

Whats the correct wiring for this? do I take each thermostat back to the boiler in to RT 24v?

Do I run a supply to each cylinder? or one supply enough as they're connected?

Any help/guidance appreciated

Cylinders for heating? Are they thermal stores?

Exact boiler and cylinder makes and models might help.

I thought I was "remote" but Jura, that's two ferry rides away even from me.  Lovely place though but I met the most vicious midges ever there once.

I Assume these cylinders are for the hot water, not a buffer tank for the heating?

Normally if they are hot water tanks, you have a motorised valve in the pipework. Either a 3 port valve (yuck) or a number of 2 port valves (much better)  If you can find any valves then perhaps we can advise how to wire it.  you also need to understand the function of the cylinders, i.e are they for hot water or a buffer tank for heating?

I would love a little Jolly to Jura to sort it out but I can't make your deadline, I'm fitting the windows on my new house this week so can't go away until that's finished some time next week.

Latest posts