B&Q CHEAPER CONSUMER UNITS

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I generally would only install high integrity ones so you can put cooker on Rcbo but as a rule I go Rcbo route so won't be buying any, but BG stuff is generally not bad quality although I don't use much of it apart from pendant sets and a few other bits and pieces but it will be to British standard so hopefully will be ok.

Ah thats right , they do those excellent ceiling roses with the big square knockout and the offset fixing holes, don't they ?
The old 30 amp jb's are good too you can get the cables in them plenty of room although I use more wago's these days.

I was looking at these last week . I will keep an eye out on the forum as someone will take the plunge and fit one and report back . They have to reach a standard so hopefully no probs . So go on who's going to go for it . :D

Be careful. They may get included in the recall stuff. B&Q will have had them since Xmas.

I started the thread so I jumped in at the deep end and bought 2 From B&Q, Fitted both of them seem fine,went back for some more but sold out, no different than anything else let's just wait and see, built to a British standard like all of them.

Even got a little spirit level in them like the Hagers

Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
hager boards have a tiny spirit level in them

pretty useless though, they never seem to work for me, always end up using a boat level