Any and all messages made available as part of this forum, (including any bulletin boards, discussion groups, and chat rooms, or other web pages associated with the forum) along with any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any forum member, or third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of TEF Solutions Limited, the moderators, administrators, or company officers, (unless TEF Solutions Limited is specifically identified as the author of the message).
The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using the Talk Electrician Form does not mean that TEF Solutions Limited, its moderators, administrators, or company officers, have endorsed that message in any way; or verified the accuracy, correctness, completeness or usefulness of any message.
This forum is not monitored 24/365, we will action any messages as soon as possible after they are drawn to our attention.
Terms of Registration & Forum Rules.
Acceptance Of Terms.
Your Registration and access to and use of talk.electricianforum.co.uk known as 'the Forum' is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. The Forum is operated by TEF Solutions Limited. You will not use the Forum for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By registering on the Forum with a view to using the Forum you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Forum.
We have no obligation to monitor the Forum but reserve the right to edit or delete messages, or user accounts which have posted messages, that we believe contravene these Terms & Conditions or are otherwise objectionable.
The Forum shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to delete, edit, lock, move or remove any content without notice that contains (in the opinion of The Forum) unjustified, negative or derogatory comments about the forum or its members. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of The Forum, nor Invision Power Board (developers of IPB) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
We reserve the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Forum following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is therefore your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
As this is a private forum, the decisions of the forum administration and moderating team are final, and are not negotiable.
Username, Business Names, and Advertising.
Please note that business names, either directly or indirectly are not permitted for use on this forum. (this applies, but not limited to: Usernames, Links, Signatures and posts and threads on the forum - this also applies to images, such as Avatars, Profile Pictures, or signatures of your company logo etc.) there are only two (2) strict exceptions to this rule:
1. You are an electrician, sole trader, small local limited company (and you are using the name of your electrical business).
2. You are a current forum sponsor who has paid for advertising.
Failure to comply with the above means that you are breaking our forum rules and will be classed as a spammer. This could, and often results in a permanent forum ban and being reported to various internet spam databases.
3. You are a paid up Gold (or Silver) Member and are advertising your business in the Electrician Directory (https://talk.electricianforum.co.uk/electricians-directory/)
Username & Password.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and also for all activities which take place under your account. Please keep this information safe/remember it as we have no records of your password. There is, however – a feature to email your password to you.
In no event will The Forum be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the information supplied by anyone on this forum. It is our recommendation to consult and organize any works by a qualified/competent electrician.
We are committed to responsible data management and comply with the Data Protection Principals of the Data Protection Act 1998. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of our users and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. Personal information provided by you, is not available for sale or use by third parties at all.
We use a technology called "cookies" as part of our normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Forum. A cookie is an element of data that the Forum sends to your browser that is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings. If you do change your browser settings for cookies, you may lose some features on the site.
You acknowledge that all information, text, graphics, logos, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations and other materials - 'the Content', whether posted publicly or transmitted privately, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. We do not control or endorse the Content and cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content and you acknowledge that by using the Services you may be exposed to Content that is offensive and/or indecent.
The Forum will not be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage or injury of any kind resulting from the use of any Content transmitted via the Services and you agree to bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such Content. In using the Forum you agree not to:
1. Post, publish, distribute, or disseminate material or information that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing, unlawful or deemed to be incorrect by The Forum.
2. Post, publish, distribute, or disseminate material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise; threaten, abuse, disrupt, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
3. Use any information or material in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, or other proprietary right of any party;
4. Make available or upload files that contain a virus, worm, Trojan, or corrupt data that may damage the operation of the computer or property of another;
5. Upload pictures with content which is deemed to be undesirable or offensive by The Forum; collect or store personal information about others, including email addresses;
6. Advertise or offer to buy or sell goods or services for any commercial purpose;
7. Impersonate any person or entity for the purpose of misleading others;
8. Violate any applicable laws or regulations;
9. Use the Forum in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Forum or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Forum;
10. Attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Forum through hacking, password mining or any other means;
11. Post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by The Forum;
12.Use the Services to send junk email, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise;
Spam and Spamming.
We operate a strict no-spam policy.
The definition of spam will be decided by the Forum moderation and admin team.
1. Members spamming within our forum area, or via the forum personal message system with frivolous and/or duplicate posts will have their posts removed and their membership revoked for a specified period of time, or indefinitely, as is felt fit by the forum moderating/admin teams. Persistent offenders will have their membership cancelled.
2. Members who join and within their first 10 posts, posts links to external websites, that are not mainstream, will be classes as spammers. The definition of mainstream will be made by the forum administration and moderation team, and is not negotiable.
3. Members posting links, avatars, using business names, posting indirect or direct links, linking to Facebook or twitter who are not forum sponsors will be classed as spammers. Members doing this will be banned and flagged as a spammer. Except as excluded above.
4. We have features which enable members to both edit their own posts in order to add commentary, and to quote multiple posts in one reply. Failure to make use of these features by persistent double (or more) posting, that is, posting multiple times in a single thread without another member doing so in the meantime, may be deemed as spamming.
5. We have automated spam guard software and posts will get deleted or moved automatically if flagged as Spam.
6.Any members who are warned, disciplined, suspended or banned, and subsequently engage in joining with alternative accounts, or emailing the forum moderation or admin team will be classed as in breach of the terms of the forum, will be banned, and will be flagged as spammers.
We have the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Services at any time, without notice, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of these Terms and Conditions. We may also at any time, at our sole discretion, discontinue the Forum or any part thereof without prior notice and you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Forum.
Use of the Forum is at your own risk. The Forum are provided on an "As Is" and "As Available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, The Forum will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Forum.
The Forum makes no warranty that the Forum will meet your requirements, that Content will be accurate or reliable, that the functionality of the Forum will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Forum or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of The Forum for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of The Forum. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
If in doubt, ALWAYS contact a Qualified Electrician.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Our guidelines and contact details are here.
Talk Electrician Forum, 8 Station Rd, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire , SA15 1AL