Brother Label machine at Lidl - 12.99 - Nice!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems a bargain, only goes up to 12mm tapes though. I use a Brother had it years and generally use 18mm tapes but a 12.99 you could not go wrong.

invaluable matty. you will wonder how you got by without.

looks so much more pro

What do you mostly use these for?
TEF999-1.jpg

Have you got a link to it Mate? It's not on offer down here. :(

Is it a Brother P-Touch 1000 label machine?

Brother-p-touch-1000-Label-Printer-Label-Machine.png

That's the one - haven't got a link - just noticed in in the local Saltash store. I bought one a while age - and it's a nice thing to have. Saved lot's of angst by labelling my toolboxes and storage crates on the van!

Are the replacement tapes priced reasonable?

I.e it's not like the cheap inkjet printers where the printer is 30 quid but replacement cartridges are over

just grabbed one of these myself today and its spot on like..... cheap as chips too.... (lidl's Perth)

Battery opperated but also gives the funtion to mains opperate it, just have to buy the mains adapter. but im sure ebay or some place on the net will have these cheap.

IS there any way of cutting down the amount of tape it wastes when printing either side of the text? Cheers
This has been discussed a few times in the past link below.

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1701&highlight=BROTHER

On mine you press code and then key with tape above it. You have 3 choices full half or none. Tried this on mine if you press half the first part is longer than full then none at end. If you push none first it doesn't print anything then the second time you print part is missing. I think they are set so you waste tape.

Bought one of these myself this week(cheers for the tip Dave). Anyone where the cheapest place is to get the refill tape.

Bought one of these myself this week(cheers for the tip Dave). Anyone where the cheapest place is to get the refill tape.
Bought mine recently off of fleaBay.