cleggs new website

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just a poll on how many forumites have seen the news that nick clegg has asked the nation about which laws they want revoking, its a simple yes or no answer,

after you have voted, lets see how many laws people can think of to be revoked or even changed, if we get enough of them ill write to nick clegg personally and present him with our answer, one big one comes to mind for me!

i reckon part p should be scrapped just like the home information packs have been, total waste of time and money and its not stopping ddgy electrics being carried out, its making it worse on the safety side of installs by builders and joe public being able to get electrical things from the local diy store and being able to install it without any knowledge.

another law that should be revoked change the motorway speed limit to say 90 mph and that should be only outside lane though ie nearest barries as traffic jams would be a lot less likely when over taking, the new rules for motorways should be as follows, inside lane lane 1 max 60 as people are travelling on and off the exits and junctions, 70 middle lane max and outside lane lane 3 max 90

that gives motorists in smaller vehicles, the chance to overtake safely without breaking the law,

speed cameras in areas that are not neccessary or blatently dangerous setups, ie imediatel after bends or not visable until the last second, havent got a problem with speed cameras near schools etc, but have hidden round bends on an open road, with good vision,

allow all drivers to take part in a high speed training course, as id be well up for taking a high speed course to be able to show that i could drive safely at 90 mph with out causing a danger to other road users, plus it would weed out the more compentant drivers if they showed the police they were safer than an old man or woman!

cctv systems and data protection through the town centers, and police service installs

where public data is captured on film the law should state a max of 30 days for keeping the footage not 2 years where the footage can be held by the police like at the moment!

cctv systems and data protection through the town centers, and police service installs

where public data is captured on film the law should state a max of 30 days for keeping the footage not 2 years where the footage can be held by the police like at the moment!
An interesting point considering your CCTV credentials.

What about when the police are building up a dossier of minor offences on a criminal?

What if the police are unable to identify a suspect within 30 days?

What if a rape was reported late because the victim was badly traumatised?

Badger I really do not think there is a need for 90 mph speed limt on motorways as you know if there is we will have motorists doing 110 mph in the outside lane not really very practical for stopping in an emergency.

An interesting point considering your CCTV credentials.What about when the police are building up a dossier of minor offences on a criminal?

And what if everyone who has access to CCTV images is not completely honest?

This "if you're honest you've nothing to worry about" mentality may well be our downfall. Think about if CCTV were available in pre-war Germany, or Communist Warsaw, or, or, or, ............

Big brother is watching and he does NOT always have our best interests at heart.

I doubt part p will ever be scrapped.

Just more seriously implemented.

I think it should stay anyway.

I am always amazed at the response of institutions like amnesty international and other like minded people.

I am totally for a full dna database of all UK citizens, I am totally for my every movement to be captured on CCTV, simply because I have nothing to hide.

My DNA and CCTV coverage can and will exclude me from any police inquiry.

The British driving test is or has become very similar to university degrees and A level results, very easy to obtain.

I did not know until recently that a Vet has to do an extra 2 or three years at uni to get the degree required to practice more than your general GP.

Most driving instructors are learners them selves I have seen shocking driving practice to support this.

If any law needs to be initiated its better consumer protection, take away the blame from the home owner and lay the blame on the advise and instruction given by people they believe to be professional, and acting in an advisory role.

I have no objection to a 90 MPH limit on the motorway providing everyone has done the advanced driving course and that any newly passed driver is restricted to 70 MPH for the first year at least.

the dna database should be either for everyone or just criminals, not for people who have been wrongfully arrested and let go.

if the speed limit was put up then the pentlys for speeding shoud be more sever, ie doing 90 in a 80 zone should be the same as 90 in 70 is now

I am always amazed at the response of institutions like amnesty international and other like minded people.I am totally for a full dna database of all UK citizens, I am totally for my every movement to be captured on CCTV, simply because I have nothing to hide.

My DNA and CCTV coverage can and will exclude me from any police inquiry.

The British driving test is or has become very similar to university degrees and A level results, very easy to obtain.

I did not know until recently that a Vet has to do an extra 2 or three years at uni to get the degree required to practice more than your general GP.

Most driving instructors are learners them selves I have seen shocking driving practice to support this.

If any law needs to be initiated its better consumer protection, take away the blame from the home owner and lay the blame on the advise and instruction given by people they believe to be professional, and acting in an advisory role.
I agree with most of that.

I have no objection to a 90 MPH limit on the motorway providing everyone has done the advanced driving course and that any newly passed driver is restricted to 70 MPH for the first year at least.
Then there will be no need to up the limit to 90 as you will get a new driver slowing you down to 70mph.

And in return, there will be more roadrage. :(

In france they have a similar scheme, new drivers are not allowed to overtake, they risk very serious prosecution if they are caught doing so. This leaves the overtaking lane for use.

Another thing about driving abroad, overtaking lanes are used just for that, so you never get that middle lane daydreamer going 55 mph

The stupid women on the BBC morning news yesterday was a classic when asked what laws she would like to see revoked stupid ***** replied "Football"

When the presenter interviewed Clegg, Clegg said that there are some old laws which need revoking which are still on the statute books one of them being it is an offence not to report a Grey Squirrel in your garden.

I know one I would like to keep but it would upset the welsh. :D :D:D

An interesting point considering your CCTV credentials.What about when the police are building up a dossier of minor offences on a criminal?

What about the supposed rapist (or any other serious crime for that) who is accused and is named before the trial and then found to be totally innocent because the person making the the claim has lied (which is now becoming more common)

The person who has been accused life is totally ruined because of this, it should be that until the case has been to court and the accused has been found guilty they should have their name with held like they do in some cases now.