ACT Battery Tester

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
might be able to do you a good price sidewinder, we stock these.

Can't remember the price off the top of my head but if you follow the sponsor link on the home page and call me i will see what i can do if you want.

These are very handy pieces of kit and have been really popular. :)

I have seen them cheaper than that. ;)

Let's see what our sponsor can do? Come on Mark. :)

And I have just realised that this may have been found, because of Badgers post in our alrms Forum. :|

Ok then the challenge is accepted, these are not listed on the web site but we can offer them at 130.00 each plus Vat.

I think this is a good price but stand to be corrected;\

The one I posted from the maker is the better tester for the cheaper tester price as the cheaper one was out of stock, mind, I guess the link will update as the stock comes in.

However, megger mark which one are you proposing?

The makers site is Gold for 143, but out of stock, so gold+, normally 175.50 now for 143

Still too expensive for me at the moment mind, and I can't justify it as I don't do enough alarms, however, others may be persuaded to buy?

Paul

may well be a piece of kit for anyone interested in stand alone PV,

though TBH I think now with FIT and GENERATION prices that is also not very common.

we just used to use Ammeters and big, and I mean BIG loads.

In my shed workshop, I`ve got a "dummy load" I constructed for testing AF power amplifiers.

Consists of sections of an old radiant element from an electric fire, cut to the necessary length. I can parallel 2 lengths to provide 4 ohms or 8 ohms.

It`s tested clipping to a 1000W RMS amp, for about 20 seconds; before the wooden base it was mounted on caught fire. :(

n.b. you could actually hear the freq. the signal gen was feeding - think the coil was "singing"...

KME - sorry, off topic somewhat

In my shed workshop, I`ve got a "dummy load" I constructed for testing AF power amplifiers.Consists of sections of an old radiant element from an electric fire, cut to the necessary length. I can parallel 2 lengths to provide 4 ohms or 8 ohms.

It`s tested clipping to a 1000W RMS amp, for about 20 seconds; before the wooden base it was mounted on caught fire. :(

n.b. you could actually hear the freq. the signal gen was feeding - think the coil was "singing"...

KME - sorry, off topic somewhat
and you try and tell us you are responsible

:red card

Course I am........

The wooden base is now "clad" in aluminium, to reflect the heat!!!!!!

It works..........for a little while. You can tell by the smell now, as to when it`s time to disconnect ;)

Course I am........The wooden base is now "clad" in aluminium, to reflect the heat!!!!!!

It works..........for a little while. You can tell by the smell now, as to when it`s time to disconnect ;)
:^O :Applaud if you leave it on a bit too long it will go bad day explode :^O