Is you busy, more busy, less busy, wots busy,

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here we are mid way through 2010....

new governments got its feet under the table and is setting out its stall...

so.. hows business compared to this time (June.July) last year 2009?

no scientific analysis just gut feeling ......?

Strange but i seem to be getting jobs that take 2/3 days

whereas in the last few months its been 1/2 day-1 day jobs

got 2 'stay away' jobs later this year ,,,,thats something new

I ticked 'about the same'. It always goes much quieter as we head through July and approach the school holidays and it generally stays that way till early Sept. Suits me though, cos I want a holiday too and someone has to look after the kids. Spend much of the rest of the year running around at full pelt so it's nice to slow up for a few weeks.

I am too busy, so much to do so little time to do it.

I have a couple of big jobs starting in august but I need some finance to complete them, so I am in a preverbial mess just hoping to be able to pull through.

Similar boat to GH here - (almost) too much work......

Off out to look at 3 jobs tonight; then got 3 estimates, 2 invoices & 3 certs to write up before tomorrow :( :(

: headbang owwwww!

Same as GH & KME to much & not enough time, now booked up through to Sept.

Getting more local authority school work now the schools have been given the freedom to take on local trades persons (told this by 2 different govonors of 2 different schools).....the good times are here again for a while for the smaller traders...well at least untill bugets get tugged.

More busy, BUT, I lost 6 employees & several tons of money getting to the stage that they had to go, and still not over it yet, now it's gonna be only me!

Naff round here had to resort to working for a agency doing warehouse work to keep bills paid.

More busy, BUT, I lost 6 employees & several tons of money getting to the stage that they had to go, and still not over it yet, now it's gonna be only me!
Similar to what I have been through last two years.

I now operate with just two of us, last year I had up to eight at any one time on the go. The work I have booked in is far above my financial means but I will have to find a way to do them or I will end up in the same situation as I did before.

Sods law is when you need the banks they do not want to know, when I was doing good they offered everything I did not need.

Similar to what I have been through last two years.I now operate with just two of us, last year I had up to eight at any one time on the go. The work I have booked in is far above my financial means but I will have to find a way to do them or I will end up in the same situation as I did before.

Sods law is when you need the banks they do not want to know, when I was doing good they offered everything I did not need.
i have to agree wwith you gh about the banks, they are no help what so ever at the the moment, yet a couple of years ago they were handing money out left right and centre!

Latest posts