pricing for people you know....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt.leung

Reaction score
When pricing a job for someone you know, does this effect the price you offer them... It could be:

a former client

your best client

an old friend

your barbar

Basically same as other 2 posters with consideration given to how fast was paid last time, think we all know that friends can sometimes be the slowest to settle up.

My new landlord gives me loads of work, thats how i got the house. Sometimes a make no money cause the job is so small.

do quite a lot of work for a woman I know,

she has a few houses, rental mostly,

did a bit of buying and doing up during the boom,

and I do work for her pretty cheap,

when I first came to England I done work for her,

and she has always rang/or e.mailed me ever since about jobs, so I always do a good price,

always recommends me to other people and I have more than made my money double the discount she gets me from other clients from her referrals.

Ive seen me being in NZ or Spain and getting emails if I can do jobs for her or someone she knows so I know she always keeps me in the list of jobs.

a little bit of discount is always worth a box load of word of mouth.

Before I started self employment I read a few books about working for yourself...

Amongst the various essential bits of basic business guidance..

(Such as make sure you put money aside for your TAX bill!!! etc..)

... was to make sure you treat all customers friends family strangers to the same standard. It can get messy with double pricing structures.

If you do really cheap deals for some one you know...

who recommends you to someone else saying he's a good bloke only charged