Would you go mad in a confined space????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just listening again to an update on the radio about those miners trapped in Chile... (they just had a hot meal)

got me thinking....

Do you reckon you would be able to stay mentally stable if you were told today that you were trapped in a confined space with 20+ other people underground until Christmas???

?:|

(in all seriousness I do hope they all get out safe and sound)

:x

I went caveing when I was younger, one of the passage ways was so small you had to breath in and exhale all air to squeeze through, I remember feeling a bit of a panick the first time, afterwards I got use to it. I guess these guys are pretty comfotable with being underground and now they know they are being rescued I would expect them to be able to cope very well.

Its that not knowing if your going to be found that would send anyone over the top.

Just think of the fun you'd have making up things to occupy your time...

Games like:

Guess who farted

Who can dig the deepest hole

Hide & seek

Find the hidden torch batteries

In the dark who is holding my ????

:slap

Just think of the fun you'd have making up things to occupy your time...Games like:

Guess who farted

Who can dig the deepest hole

Hide & seek

Find the hidden torch batteries

In the dark who is holding my ????

:slap
cable drum runner :^O was that :innocent :Spam2

Well, with how the news is steadily coming through today, (20th man just out, as I type).....

Don't care what nationality you are, what politics, religion, skin colour...

etc.. etc...

It is some bl00dy good news for the families of all those guys,, :Applaud :Applaud:Applaud:Applaud:Applaud

No need to debate or comment on the causes of the problem in the first place...

Its just nice to hear a bit of good news instead of all the doom and despondency that the media keep pumping out!

At the end of the day many of us have to work to support our families, feed & clothe ourselves etc..

and these guys were just doing their daily work and it is tragic when accidents happen to anyone..

But respect due to the teams who drilled & set up this escape pod arrangement!! All quite impressive IMHO. :D

:Salute :SaluteGuinnessGuinnessGuinness

Specs

Thats the amazing thing about all this

That country pulled their finger out, made some decisions and started drilling

no one was getting on their back and they got on with it,,

fair play

not like the yanks giving BP carp every five minutes because they were losing oil.......

oops im going off on a rant........

Firstly I'm glad that all the miners had got out in one piece. Being stuck anywhere can be a scary prospect as it's the not knowing as to when you will get out of the situation. Communication with the outside world was mentally important and it gave some hope of really getting out so I think that having faith that everything possible to get them out kept them going. The Chilean government certainly proved to the world what they are capable of. :)