Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poheZ

Reaction score
HI

I have attached a quote that i devised. I have no experience of what to put, i would appreciate any comments or ideas on how to improve it. Is it too cheap?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All work carried out is fully insured, guaranteed and meets the requirements of PART P. Certificates are issued for all electrical works undertaken and written testimonials can be provided on request.

Terms and conditions of quotation;

• Access is made available to all areas
  • Power can be turned off
  • Payment is made on completion of works
  • Electrical installation is in good order
  • All rubbish will be left on site and not carried away
  • All accessories are white and plastic (unless specified below)

Thank you for your enquiry, if you have any further questions then please contact me.

Please find enclosed the following documents:

• Quotation
  • SAP2005CALC- this will determine the monetary side and is an official guide
  • Pay back guide- this is an unofficial guide, but presents a different aspect

Quotation

In accordance with the survey undertaken in August2010, the following information is based upon those findings.

SOLAR PANELS:

Citing of solar panels: To be roof mounted on south facing roof to right of main entrance

Total number of solar panels: 6 , limited by space.

Module manufacturer and type: ET Solar 185w

Nominal power of solar panels: 1110W (1.1KW), this will assist in the running of your lights (note is used during the day)

Planning permission required: no, but a cursory check with the local planning office is advisable

Inverter: Sunnyboy1200, situated in the mains room

Payback period: 11 years

Money generated each year

OK.

You don`t say if you have M.C.S accredition or not; if you haven`t, you can`t offer feed-in tariffs.

You`re putting VAT on; so we assume you`re VAT registered?

"Siting of solar panels"; not `citing`

In the "shading" and "summary" components, you use "effected" - change that for "affected".

The only other thing I`d say is that your first line would probably be my last line.

KME

(if I think of `owt else, I`ll let you know)

another good thing to point out to customers is that it doesnt work in the event of a power failure,
that sounds pointless. you should be able to run in stand alone incase of power failure. isolated from DNO obviously

Andy,

It can be done, and easily, but...

Not cheaply!

There are several ways, but none are apparently cost effective for basic PV installs.

Steps,

That's sad, mind as I say an island system is NOT that difficult to design really as I understand it?

You "just" need to isolate the grid from the consumer & local generation in a "fault tolerant" manner in the event of mains failure?

As I understand things this happens all over the world on a daily basis?

Not CHEAP though!

KME

*** is but a stone throw away!

Thanks for the grammar edit! That will always let me down

Iuse that first bit with terms and conditions etc on my electrical quotes, my thinking is that poeple are more likely to read the first bit and look at the price at the bottom

Steptoe

I got the

no the sale of the goods are at 17.5% but if you install the energy saving products at the same time as supplying materials then it is 5%

so you the installer will have to reclaim the lost VAT from the VAT man

no the sale of the goods are at 17.5% but if you install the energy saving products at the same time as supplying materials then it is 5%so you the installer will have to reclaim the lost VAT from the VAT man
good thing im VAT reg'd then. but does anyone here actually charge 5% VAT for heating stuff?

depends how much the job is worth and in January you could be 15%cheaper than your rivals!