New Build Heating

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aidanb19

Reaction score
Hypothetical here,

2 new builds, 2 bed bungalows (semi's, next door to each other) 75sqm one, 80sqm other. Proper insulation/double glazing/draughtproofing throughout, electric UFH in bathrooms in each, most likely wet underfloor elsewhere.

Gas is available on the street but not at either house.

I've voted 'other' because you haven't got ground source heat pump on your list.

I'm led to believe these are much better than air source, particularly when the weather is cold (the ground is always at 10-12C however). They are more expensive to install but pay dividends over the years with running costs. Of course, that may balance out with the cost of bringing gas to the properties.

Its unlikely either type of heat pump on their own would get the water hot enough to not need gas/lecky.

gas gas and more gas .....

air sourse is pants i have fitted enough to know this ... large and cumbersome, noisy and not hot enough unless u boost 24/7

Well electric boiler would have the first benefits of being able to fit myself, no yearly service.

JL, whats the right setting? Small house, economy7/10?

Well electric boiler would have the first benefits of being able to fit myself, no yearly service.JL, whats the right setting? Small house, economy7/10?
Doesn't that rather depend on if its vented or not?

Ok, no yearly gas service!

As I know nothing about the rest of the system just mean primary form of heating

ground source is OK if no one else for about 500 miles has one, ... LMFAO

air source JL should be good unless you are fitting AC units that have been converted, have a check and see.

other than that I have went other as I reckon you need a combination,

air source, Solar PV and preferably oil if available(if not then gas) with a wood burner if possible would be my ideal.