There givin it away

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky Tesla

Reaction score
Have you seen this. A firm called ISIS are giving away fitted solarpanels, you get

thats been happening a while now,

eaga are doing something similar, except they own the houses, are are putting as many panels on as they can fit.

Im curious as to how this isis scheme will work though if you sell the house, I'll bet there is some sort of payback to them.

thats been happening a while now,eaga are doing something similar, except they own the houses, are are putting as many panels on as they can fit.

Im curious as to how this isis scheme will work though if you sell the house, I'll bet there is some sort of payback to them.
It says the contract has to be continued with the new homeowner until the 25years has elapsed!!!!

Thats one helluva commitment you have to enter into!!!

:eek: :O

Can I get rid of the panels? No. You must keep them on for 25 years and let Isis come and maintain them. There is no option to buy the company out. But after the 25 years the panels are yours to keep or ditch.

What if I want to sell my home?

The new homeowner will have to take on the arrangement, as there is no way to get out of it. Hopefully potential buyers will be pleased about the electricity savings.

Yet there is always the chance that they won

quite a few people in the know reckon if your house has a suitable south facing roof its gonna add to the value of your house in the near future, with or without PV fitted,

obviously if with then NOT belonging to someone else,

I certainly would want to be committed to someone else.

suppose you could always put your own over the top of them though...........

wonder if they have thought about that,

or get the kids to continually throw stones at 'em. ............

If my info is correct PV panels have a life of c.25yrs. but the inverters are only given a c.10 yr. lifespan. Do these calcs. take into account the possibility of having to replace the inverters twice during the life of the panels?

gasandelecrv.gif

look admins been and got the extension leads out of the shed for the mower, i found him wandering around the basement looking for his red extension lead. :^O

gasandelecrv.gif
look admins been and got the extension leads out of the shed for the mower, i found him wandering around the basement looking for his red extension lead. :^O
Put that plug back in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :O:O:O:O:O

Thats what crashed the forum the other day!!! :_| :_| :yellow card

If my info is correct PV panels have a life of c.25yrs. but the inverters are only given a c.10 yr. lifespan. Do these calcs. take into account the possibility of having to replace the inverters twice during the life of the panels?
What about washing all the bird carp off them as well over that timespan! ?:| :C

My little solar garden light get very messy on top!

:p :Blushing:innocent:slap

that is about almost correct,

AFAIK that is the common guarantee periods, so all should be honky dory within that timeframe, dunno about afterwards though, although sunnyboy (inverters) do offer a 15yr warranty for domestic AFAIAA at the mo.

the big thing we have to remember here is solar panelsd are getting more and more efficient year on year, and.........,

if you can get in on the generated buy now at 41p for 25years when they expect you to "earn" about

if you can get in on the generated buy now at 41p for 25years when they expect you to "earn" about

Fair point, but the tariffs will be marginally less in 2 years and there is still this note at the bottom of the table:

*NB This tariff is available only for 30,000 microCHP installations. A review will take place when 12,000 units have been installed.

So what happens after 30,000 and how many are we up to now?

Lets face it,

No one will ever take it up if they have to pay for it, as most of them will be dead by the time they start seeing any rewards.

Lets face it,No one will ever take it up if they have to pay for it, as most of them will be dead by the time they start seeing any rewards.
I very much doubt that,

I think Leeds council were doing something a while back that was an interest free loan or grant or something.

and even if you were paying for it, with a likely return of about

Pay back is roughly 9 years, This does not take into account inflation.

If electricity rises by 8% ayear and RPI index also rises the payback will be sooner. If you have

Fair point, but the tariffs will be marginally less in 2 years and there is still this note at the bottom of the table:*NB This tariff is available only for 30,000 microCHP installations. A review will take place when 12,000 units have been installed.

So what happens after 30,000 and how many are we up to now?
Mirco CHP is different to Solar photovolatic, the FIT's are not going to be reviewed after 12,000 installs for PV

@ tpkpope, if the dno's realise you have a meter that goes backwards they will come an change it, also i would advise not having an export meter installed unless you know you will be exporting more than 50% but even then its not really worth it, the yearly maintenance costs and initial install cost make them economically unviable

Mirco CHP is different to Solar photovolatic, the FIT's are not going to be reviewed after 12,000 installs for PV@ tpkpope, if the dno's realise you have a meter that goes backwards they will come an change it, also i would advise not having an export meter installed unless you know you will be exporting more than 50% but even then its not really worth it, the yearly maintenance costs and initial install cost make them economically unviable
if you dont have a proper meter fitted and it does go backwards you can actually be charged with theft,

I know thats not right, but that is the technical way of how reversing a meter is looked at.

I wouldnt be that bothered about the export rate TBH,

its more the generation rate that is where the money is.

but the maintenance and fitting cost is down to the DNO, you are only responsible for the generation meter.

if you dont have a proper meter fitted and it does go backwards you can actually be charged with theft, I know thats not right, but that is the technical way of how reversing a meter is looked at.

I wouldnt be that bothered about the export rate TBH,

its more the generation rate that is where the money is.

but the maintenance and fitting cost is down to the DNO, you are only responsible for the generation meter.
I wasn't suggesting to keep quiet about it I understand that that is theft.

As part of the commissioning of the PV system the installer must identify the installed meter to the DNO (i.e type serial number and manufacturer), it is then up to the DNO to change it, it is not up to the installer or customer to pester the DNO to come and replace there reversing meter, the customer does not have to do anything.

I believe if you request a smart meter then then you will be charged for the installation of it and the maintenance