Imperial pipes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianmacd

Reaction score
When was imperial pipe phased out? I am doing some water work in my house and think that the darker coloured pipes maybe imperial so won't take the standard speedfit connections. Would that be correct?

Ian.

you can still get imperial to metric connectors. often, its just a different olive. just dont do what my dad done and sweat a metric tee onto a imperial pipe and leave a gaping hole at the side.

Guess thats more of an issue with 22m onto 3/4" and 28mm onto 1" than 15mm onto 1/2".

Guess thats more of an issue with 22m onto 3/4" and 28mm onto 1" than 15mm onto 1/2".
not sure, but there not that much differenct in size. iirc, it was a 3/4 onto 22mm that my dad tried to bodge.ended up cutting imperial shorter, fitting straight connector, then into tee

nip to merchants mate tell them and they should be able to give you and imperial to metric converter solder that on and go from there.

i have put speed fot stopends on imperial befor not realsing, it held up the plumber said it was lucky that it did

Latest posts