New C&G 2399 Course

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark1

Reaction score
I've recently been made redundant after 17 years and decided to take the opportunity through React Funding Wales to take part in some extra training. Having completed my apprenticeship and going on to do do my 2391 and 17th edition I have now been told that they will not fund the C&G 2372 photovoltaic systems course as in November it will be superseded by the C&G 2399? Turns out today this whole funding scheme seems a huge farce as the criteria is very long and if I receive a job opportunity being self employed between now and any course date with more than 16 hours a week then the funding no longer applies leaving me with a big bill. The earliest course for the new 2399 I could find was February next year which is a long time to put off any job offers I may get! So what happens to the people who have already done the C&G 2372 course, do you now have to upgrade to the C&G 2399?

I fail to understand either your issue/problem or what it is you are trying to explain,

and also wonder how you have completed an apprenticeship when you say you are unemployed.......

sorry that I am a bit slow on the uptake,

but my mind boggles as to what you are trying to convey.

In short is the C&G 2372 being replaced by the C&G 2399? Would I be wasting my time trying to do the 2372? Also has anyone else done any courses through the React scheme? Anyone else have any info about how the new 2399 course will run? I completed my apprenticeship through the company that I was with for 17 years before it went into administration. Hope that kinda makes a little more sense?

THE ONLY THING YOU NEED To be concerned about with solar PV is if it is recognised by ***.

check if the course you are wanting to do is *** accredited, if not then it is a complete waste of time.

Courses change every few years, college funding structures are changing & courses are changing to fit new rules. In general terms when a course or qualification changes title or number the old qualification is still valid & recognised (otherwise I'd have had to re-qualify as a sparks 2 or 3 times now!). The exception to this is of course regs updates.