looking for an apprenticeship in Lancs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kevlancs

hi. i have joined this website to see if there is anyone out there lookin to take on a apprentice could anyone out thee point me in the rit direction on he ste many thanks kev

why is your thread called kitchen wiring? naming your thread a more appropriate title might help you.

Welcome to the forum Kev, some of our regulars are a bit blunt and to the point, but their intentions are good. I think the point they make is that first impressions still count for a lot, whether personal appearance or written word. I cannot offer any help for your job search other than If you are one of 100 candidates going for a job and 50+ of them are well presented in appearance, verbally and written word I guess prospective employers will narrow their choices quite easily.

Doc H.

Well said Doc. the lad desrves some degree of encouragement from the forum not a sarcastic slap in the face .

a1spark

I think the point they make is that first impressions still count for a lot, whether personal appearance or written word.
bit like a CV i got yesterday. covering letter is a bad photocopy, and so is the 'CV' which consisted of work & training history. only 2-4 years worked in the last 20, along with completing a course on how to write CV's!

Lol nice... but did they post it or drop it in? Lol and if they dropped it in did they "look" like they hadn't worked much...

As said by others on here first impressions count, a lot of the younger generation think that it is ok to use text speak etc when wrighting (oops meant writing) letters etc which the place it will be filed by most employers is the bin even though they may be the ideal candidate for a position.

Welcome to the forum Kev.

I have removed some posts above. I am not one for picking up on peoples spelling etc. No-one is perfect! despite what that person may think!!

Guys, this gentleman could be a hard grafter, and an awesome spark. What would you want to employ?

Before you make a remark about someone who can spell so that you could understand what they have wrote - You ALL understood what was typed in Kev's OP.

why is your thread called kitchen wiring? naming your thread a more appropriate title might help you.
That is NOT the fault of Kev. By the looks of it, he posted this as a post in the "Kitchen Wiring" thread and a mod, posibly Admin, has moved it to a thread of its own, without editing the "title".

Before you make a remark about someone who can spell so that you could understand what they have wrote - You ALL understood what was typed in Kev's OP.
I skim read the posts quite quickly - the meaning was hard to grasp.

I am not one for picking up on peoples spelling etc. No-one is perfect!
Quite so Admin, but taking some care over what you write, especially when looking for employment, is just basic courtesy to those who might be reading it. It was more than an odd spelling mistake. All browsers now have spell check, it's even offered on the forum! When I prepared my CV I had about a dozen people read through it for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

Guys, this gentleman could be a hard grafter, and an awesome spark. What would you want to employ?
It's all down to first impressions. This bloke wants a job, if he can't take care over a single sentence I wouldn't employ him to paint my fence.
no.gif