Who has the best test leads?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As title.

I`ve got both the Kewtech ones and the Flukes.

Don`t rate the Fluke ones that highly; 3 don`t work now, so I nicked the ones of my Kewtech.....

So I want to replace `em. I`ve spoken to Megger Mark regarding this; and as he doesn`t actually USE them the way we do, we thought it`d be a good idea to have a poll.

for normal leads i use the ones that came with my megger. no problems yet.

but the lead with test button on from megger is like a brick. got to admit, its the only thing i think fluke have outdone megger on. the fluke one is much better.

I haven't had any probs with my megger ones but never had the others so can't comment so not going to vote but will be interesting to see peoples views who have used all of them. Cheers

I'm in the same position as Matt. Only used the Megger ones, no problems with them for the last 3 yrs that I've owned them

Im not going to vote on this as I have yet to get some decent leads, they all seem rubbish to me.

I suppose maybe we should start treating them as consumables.......

Had the Fluke a few years now & am on the second set of leads including the plug lead, the original probe lead mis still going strong though.

my meggers leads are ok, just wish the spring was stronger to it could support its own weight and a little bit of movement when testing.

my meggers leads are ok, just wish the spring was stronger to it could support its own weight and a little bit of movement when testing.
I have small elastic bands on my croc clips that keep them on tight.

Give it a try.

Macca

Voted Megger only because when I did use the meter the croc leads were better than my Fluke (the original leads before recall).