Stupid siemens RB9W Programmer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is really trying my patience. Feel like taking a hammer to it TBH. It would give me great satisfaction.

All I wanted to do was programme in the times that I need heating over a seven day period. Some days its not required. For additional times I have installed the Horstman E30 as recommended and thats brilliant.

In the set mode you have to press 'yes' or 'no' on each day. Then if you don't select a particular day it assumes you'd like heating on at 6.30 -10.30 then again at 4.30 - 8.30 pm. The only way round is to choose 6.30-6.31 and 4.30 - 8.31 really useless if you ask me. All I need is a basic single channel easily programmable unit. This is trash... bad day explode

Feel better now.

Is it set up to do 7 days some you have to change the dip switches otherwise they won't allow you to do this it may be set up for 5/2 or something different.

Just as a bit of perspective though, I've been installing Ubuntu and MythTV frontend on a PC and reconfiguring the backend after changing uses and adding several tuners, which take a lot of tweaking on the signal side because of a narrow acceptance window of signal strength. Most of the configuring has been command line over SSH, and mostly due to annoying little bugs and tweaks needed to get things working, like mounting remote shares in local folders to get channel icons working, reconfiguring lirc many many times to get remotes working properly.

In short, you have it easy!

Just as a bit of perspective though, I've been installing Ubuntu and MythTV frontend on a PC and reconfiguring the backend after changing uses and adding several tuners, which take a lot of tweaking on the signal side because of a narrow acceptance window of signal strength. Most of the configuring has been command line over SSH, and mostly due to annoying little bugs and tweaks needed to get things working, like mounting remote shares in local folders to get channel icons working, reconfiguring lirc many many times to get remotes working properly. In short, you have it easy!
I'll send you my HDD over later and you can do mine to please, :D

Latest posts