Wire strippers - best

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveT

Reaction score
Returning to trade after some years away - looking at wire strippers - any thoughts Knipex 12-62-180 looks good on paper, any other thoughts, ideas appreciated

These are impressive

I quite like these too

TL10823

http://cpc.farnell.com/ck/431008/plier-combicutter-3/dp/TL10823

clicky pictures

Thanks to all you guys, I did like the idea of the CK ones, espiecially for the price, everyone happy with the build quality - with tools I find you often get what you pay for!

Generally I use Knipex side cutters to strip cable back with cpc not sure how steptoe does this with pliers and then cutter to strip insulation of the inner core. Not sure about the ones pache shows as can't get to site from link but to me they look to complicated for a simple job like stripping tw/e.

The CK ones can be used to strip the sheath & the cores of T&E as long as you are careful.

The ones of this type I have had for several years work well.

However, they are not the CK make.

Generally I use Knipex side cutters to strip cable back with cpc not sure how steptoe does this with pliers and then cutter to strip insulation of the inner core. Not sure about the ones pache shows as can't get to site from link but to me they look to complicated for a simple job like stripping tw/e.
I use the nose to pinch the edge of T&E, then spread the cores and pull the cpc.,

is that any use as a description.? bit rubbish really, isnt it.?

Well, great response thanks to you all - I have bought the CK ones as they were good price (

Sorry snakehips; taxed and insured by now........... ;)

Not too gone on t`other `un - I`ve hardly used it, TBH.

"looking after it"? What are you trying to infer??? ;)

( actually, I`m holding it to ransom..........)

I was actually looking out for one of these shears.

Called into local Electrifix yesterday, now discontinued, no replacement!

Start again, have found a Knipex 8" from one of my normal suppliers, but not insulated for

I was actually looking out for one of these shears.Called into local Electrifix yesterday, now discontinued, no replacement!

Start again, have found a Knipex 8" from one of my normal suppliers, but not insulated for

Yep Patch I do mean shears, but I will need an 8" set not a 6" set.

Any assistance gratefully accepted as I have a Farnell/CPC account, it's just I am so busy I'm only getting chance to check & reply to the threads I post to at the mo!

I'm over a month behind with one of my Professional Institute forums!

Yep Patch I do mean shears, but I will need an 8" set not a 6" set.Any assistance gratefully accepted as I have a Farnell/CPC account, it's just I am so busy I'm only getting chance to check & reply to the threads I post to at the mo!

I'm over a month behind with one of my Professional Institute forums!
By heck you can't help some people!

8" Knippex

http://cpc.farnell.com/knipex/9516200/cable-shear-vde-200mm/dp/TL10880

8" CK

http://cpc.farnell.com/ck-tools/431031/cable-cutter-vde-210mm/dp/TL11961

I better get a 'thanks' for that! ;)