Polypipe room stats

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
anybody wired these up before ????

plumber has left me the box of bits,,,,,,

4 zones to do how long is it likely to take ????

vague thread i know but the wiring instructions dont exist and they are 2nd fixing friday !

Is this wet underfloor heating?

If so each Zone has its own Roomstat wired back to the manifold position wiring centre and Zone valve with link wiring to programmer, boiler, pump etc. depending on what system is.

its a wet system

4 zones controlled by 3 stats

are these cost effective ?????

Each Zone is normally just one room so yes each room then has its own Temp control, similar to having a Thermostatic valve on a Radiator, with 3 Stats for 4 Zones then it looks as if 2 Zones are to be controlled by the same stat for some reason.

you should have a control centre that will go close to the manifold, simply wire your stats back to this, then the valves will connect to the relevant terminals in the control centre,.

be wary of what type of cable is required, I done some a while back that needed cat5.

do you have a make?

Is the clue to the manufacturer not in the thread title? :innocent If not, then I'll have guess too, are they Worcester? :slap
sometimes people use words like polypipe generically,

bit like having a hoover that is really a dyson, or a henry, cos its really a vacuum cleaner.

the ones in SL's link are by far and away the most common I have fitted.

Is the clue to the manufacturer not in the thread title? :innocent If not, then I'll have guess too, are they Worcester? :slap
:| :C

ever considered...

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/86535/Plumbing/Push-Fit-Fittings/JG-Speedfit-Polybutylene-Pipe-15mm-x-50m

i.e. JG Speedfit Polybutylene Pipe 15mm x 50m.....

round here we tend to shorten "Polybutylene Pipe" down to "Poly Pipe"

Or

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/97877/Plumbing/Push-Fit-Fittings/JG-Speedfit-P-EX-Barrier-Pipe-30m-x-15mm

Shorten "Polyethylene (PE-X) barrier pipe" down to "Poly Pipe"

I had assumed maybe Theo was referring in a similar generic shortened manner...

Dunno why but always call the pipe Poly pipe and the fittings Speedfit..

Rather than

Polybutylene Pipe

Polyethylene Pipe

Barrier Pipe

et-al..

No matter who the actual technical manufactures is!

:| :coffee