vortex 36 boiler.....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK We`ve got a "grant" vortex boiler.

Customer`s issue is: if the "store" switch is on at the boiler, the CH doesn`t work.

I`ve looked at the wiring diag, and it appears that the store switch inhibits the CH pump via energising relay 1, thereby removing the supply to the incoming pin of relay 2.

Initial thoughts: the wiring of the controls is in standard 0.75mm 3 core, using cpc as live conductor. Not sure the wiring is correct, but difficult to tell.

I`ve tested both relays for correct operation; on the one hand it sounds right that the thermal store takes precedence over the CH; but the customer says the CH doesn`t work AT ALL if the store is switched on......

This is probably simple, but I can`t get my head round it. Have suggested rewiring external controls for a start, as I think they`re connected wrongly, but would value some input.......

KME

cylinder (or pipe) stat to send signal when the tank is hot, thereby allowing the CH pump to kick in.

I dunno, never seen one of these just offering a suggestion.

KME,

Get me the specs & diagrams & I'll have a look over them with / for you.

As you know I understand control systems etc. regardless of the applicaiton, I just don't know these S, Y etc. terms as I have never come across them as when I have done CH I have just derived a spec with the plumber / end user and wired it on the fly from 1st principles.

Paul