Who provides your tools/testers & saftey gear?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Various threads and posts talk about good value tools, meters, check boxes etc...

back in my early days after leaving school I went into a telecommunications apprentiship...

where ALL of my tools & test gear were provided & when appropriate calibrated or replaced due to wear and tear..

I was just wondering how many of us on the forum have to buy all of own tools & gear??

At work I have to use what is bought for me. What I buy for myself is a different matter! :^O

However some stuff I nick from work ends up at home, some stuff I buy for home ends up in work.... :(

I buy hand tools and also had a 18v drill and an impcat driver until it got left at a house sheffield and suprise suprise it wasn't there the next day. Saving up for a new 1 now.

Work provide everything else, drills, bits, steps, rods, circ, laser level, etc.

Self employed

buy all my own stuff

but i do share big stuff with a mate i sometimes work with

wall chaser,,,laser etc

In my own business I am responsible for everything, at work I make them buy me the equipment that I need to carry out the work that they want me to do.

Latest posts