Honeywell v4043b normally open valve

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campsie

Reaction score
I have just purchased a normally open motorised valve for a particular aplication. What I would like to know is has anybody ever installed / wired one of these?

It appears easily enough wired as this model only has 3 wires ( blue , brown and earth ). It looks as if it would not have enough flow through it when it is open. The ball does not come away from the seat of the valve very far when in the open ( normally ) position.

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

What I am trying to say is , do these vaves ( 28mm) allow much of a flow?

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

Or can I use a normally closed valve ( much cheaper ) , although it does need to be open for the majority of the time, therefore needing to be energised all the time. , against the spring.

Welcome to the forum Campsie. These valves have been manufactured by Honeywell for a long time, I am sure the flow rates have been calculated into the design process. What is your application that makes you feel a normally open valve is preferred to a normally closed valve? From the literature Honeywell provide "The V4043B normally open model is particularly applicable to control of solid fuel systems, since it will always fail-safe in the event of a power failure." http://www.honeywelluk.com/Products/Valves/Motorised-Valves/V4043-Motorised-Valves

Doc H

Thanks Doc. It was for a one radiator aplication for a pool room. It will close when energised just heating the one radiator but allowing a flow back to the coil of the tank. As an extra it can be closed for " hot water " only in the summertime. I have installed a new time clock so that when pressing the boost button and advance it will close the valve and just heat the one radiator circuit. I hope this makes sense.

I think the 3 wire version of this valve is hot water priority and therefore not that straightforward to wire... the heating is fed from the satisfied on the cylinder stat so not sure how you would wire it for the application u want.

I have wired it on the " hot water" only side of the time clock and every appears to be ok. The boiler stat stills cuts the boiler when satisfied but this does not affect the HW side and the valve remains energised and therefore in my case shut. These valves seem to have a small bore even when open but I'm assuming allowing enough flow through.