CDM

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How many of you work to CDM regs or consider your work to be covered by CDM regs.

Please post, this is not a test, I'm not looking for opinions etc.

Just a simple answer to the post will be brilliant.

Once we have what I consider to be enough posts we'll have a recap.

I have to admit .... what are CDM regs.

If its the link Patch put up then yes I supose anybody working should be working to them to some degree.

My understanding is that we all work under the CDM, the only slight difference is in domestic where the house owners role as a duty holder differs

I now know what it is - Interesting. :)

I have to admit .... what are CDM regs.
Cadbury's Dairy Milk.

or more like construction, design & management

most of my work doesnt come under it anyway, but some does, so i voted 'do not work to it'. apart form the name, i dont know much about it

Surprisingly I knew what it was as soon as I saw the thread as it's in the 2330 level 2 & 3. Thought it only applied to contracts which last more than 30 or 60 days? Cheers

Surprisingly I knew what it was as soon as I saw the thread as it's in the 2330 level 2 & 3. Thought it only applied to contracts which last more than 30 or 60 days? Cheers
Not totally correct as it depends upon the workforce on the job as you could have 100 men on a job for a 5 day week and it will come under CDM and that does not mean 1 trade but all trades.

And also the 14th was, .....The last Regs to be written in Plain English too.... lol!!!

OK,

This has been quiet for a few days now so I'm guessing that we'll have no more posts.

CDM affects almost all of us in EVERY job we do.

IT DOES NOT KICK IN after so many days etc. it kicks in as soon as we undertake ANY work within the SCOPE of the regulations.

Check out CDM Reg 2 part e, under the definition of "construction work"!

This is SI 2007 No. 320.

The ACoP is L144, both are free to download from what was the ODPM, or HSE accordingly.

I did this poll as research.

There is quite a lot of confusion even with H&S professionals with regard to this!

I was wondering how actual practicing sparks understood their obligations.

So, you were all Guinea Pigs, not just Specs! ;)

CDM is statutory legislation.

You all worry about complying with 7671 which is "nothing" in law.

Statutory legislation, which if not complied with can end you up arrested by the Police and imprisoned seems to be poorly understood.

There are many other examples.

However, IF you are wiring buildings CDM, WAH, and many other pieces of Statute Law, that is the Law of the Land, where by you IF you fall foul of them, you will end up being prosecuted by the Police & or HSE & or LA EHO's and could end up with a CRIMINAL record, are poorly understood by the looks of things!

Larnacaman,

The reason for this was the incremental change to their status towards becoming a British Standard.

Before long they may become a B.S. E.N. Std. thought this will be difficult as we use ring mains! At the moment...

Thanks for your input guys I appreciate it.

If you have any questions I will now take them...

Thank you for your patience!!! ;) ; ) ;) ; ) ;) ; )

Paul

I have to work to CDM, most jobs will not be allowed to start unless I can satisfy the clients or authority that this is the case.

Some clients require even more detail for instance cable calculations to be submitted for review before work can start.

Manator,

This is almost certainly for "Notifiable" jobs under CDM, the point I am trying to make is that many think that if the job is NOT NOTIFIABLE under CDM, then CDM does NOT APPLY.

THIS IS WRONG.

CDM applies to all works, even for example, replacing a light switch in a domestic premises as maintenance!

So in the 2391 exam, where they ask for 2 statutory documents, you can not only list EAWR 1989, but also CDM. Is there a year to go with these Regulations?

I mean EAWR is suffixed with the year 1989, what year if any suffixes CDM?

Latest posts