DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Sign in to follow this  
jackfrosty

recommended tools and not recommended tools

jackfrosty

Thought of a sub forum for electricians tools (drills, side cutters etc etc) which could be used so if mr spark does need a new drill for example he can see which ones to avoid. We only actually use so many tools so wouldnt be long untill every type of tool would be covered

just a thought:innocent

matt.leung

good idea...

sparkydude

Good idea , would save a lot of hassle knowing what others have found rubbish and whats excellent .

Nick

batty

trouble is Nick a lot of it is personal choice. I generally use Hilti power tools but i can even blow them up it the job we do.

sparkydude

Yeah i know what you mean. I always use knipex pliers cutters and grips, irazola screwdrivers and 99% of my cordless gear is makita , but its a matter of personal preference some people like the feel of CK screwdrivers but not irazola.

Nick

revjames

I am thinking of getting a set of Wera screwdrivers - the sort that has one handle and a load of blades in a pouch that goes on your belt. Any thoughts?

kerching
I am thinking of getting a set of Wera screwdrivers - the sort that has one handle and a load of blades in a pouch that goes on your belt. Any thoughts?

Get one...you know you want to!

I have 2 of the 18 piece sets, 1 of the 9 piece sets and a third variant by Haupa! a man can never have too many tools [plus I have a clinically diagnosed tool addiction/fetish/illness]

Got mine from Senate, on free offer if you spent about 200 squids on certain products and it just so happened that what was on offer was exactly what I was about to order.

I keep one set in a bag with a pair of cutters, voltstick, Dilog combitester and a small bag of odds and sods[ wagos, fuses, a few plugs and screws and a handful of dross from the bottom of my main bag ] acts my emergency 'First Aid' kit...............:coat

batty

I think you can grow out of buying tools nowadays just buy to replace broken or lost. Damn Denmans rang up this week offer on armeg auger bits like a fool got sucked in and brought a couple of sets will i ever learn.

revjames

Kerch it sounds like you have too many sets.... I don't mind taking one off your hands ;)

kerching
I think you can grow out of buying tools nowadays just buy to replace broken or lost..

Really?....I went on my first 'job' with my Grandad 49 years ago at the age of 6! When I got my 'wages' he made me buy a screwdriver [which I still have] and I have bought something almost every week since; hard to believe, but true!!!

It is a bit of an obsession I think you will agree?...............:coat

batty

You can get tablets for it.

;)

m4tty

Definitely an obsession mate. I'm the same but the mrs believes that I NEED that tool for work not WANT it lol. :)

Sidewinder

I think all sparks are!

I am another afflicted with the illness!

lkayelectrical

I agree I don't think there's a week goes by I don't by I don't get a new toy, this 2 weeks so far got a new making laser level 3 work lights new hammer (all though I have 3 all ready) and a core drill set! ( because it came in a nice shiny box)

It doesnt help with my local wholesaler having the tool bank x mas offers on all ways makes me buy stuff,

The thing is when is enoug, enough most of my tools I have doubles if not triples but I still keep buying them!

batty

I only impulse buy if i go into wholesalers. Get stuff delivered it will save you a fortune.

Evans Electric
Really?....I went on my first 'job' with my Grandad 49 years ago at the age of 6! When I got my 'wages' he made me buy a screwdriver [which I still have] and I have bought something almost every week since; hard to believe, but true!!!

It is a bit of an obsession I think you will agree?...............:coat

OMG Kercher has been at it longer than me , I did at least wait till I was 15 before starting work. At 6 I was still being sent up chimneys !!!

kerching

....and the method of transport to my first job?????........................an Isetta Bubble Car! It would be worth a fortune now......:coat

Nicky Tesla

I dont like buying screwdrivers of the same make cos they all look the same in your toolbelt or trouser flappy pocket. You are forever picking the wrong one out.

sprocketflup
I dont like buying screwdrivers of the same make cos they all look the same in your toolbelt or trouser flappy pocket. You are forever picking the wrong one out.

so are you telling me that thediffernet colours of electrical tape are not for this very purpose? my my, every days a school day :)

Smilers

Barco drivers are marked on top of the heads for pozi, flat etc & size. Generally i stick with hilti barco knipex gear lasts very well

NozSpark

I've had a set of the Barcho ones and while they are marked on the top, the ink they use is carp and wears off very quickly.. I have also snapped the tips off 2 PZ1 drivers - I got the first one replaced FOC, didn't bother with the second

Smilers

If u snapped em noz I'm guessing ur doing them up to tight!! I haven't found any other drivers i like i use the barcho pros since they fit in my belt well. I find most other drivers have massive handles and they fall out of tool belt loops easily

husky2013

i used to like the stanley stuff, i bought a set at the elex show in harrogate , and i kept them in the box and looked after them like they where porcelain untill around june and then became fed up of it and put them into my tool box, then when they started being used more frequently i noticed they started going wrong, 1st the heads snapped on the terminal drivers, and the shafts became loose within the handle itself. so iv recently purchased a set of Bahco/Irazola's and i love them! lovly handles on them, really nice grip.

iv also now got in place of a set of stanley sidecutters, a pair of Bahco Ergo Sidecutters, and same with me Combi Pliers a set of Bahco Ergo Combi pliers. I have a set of Haupa waterpump pliers, and a set of Stanley Fatmax Waterpump pliers and both sets are good! and a set of Haupa Croppers and again brilliant tool, nice grip on them. The problem i have is a lump hammer, i used streetlighters new Stanley Antivibe handled one and hated it with a passion and made him put his old wooden handled one in the case for me to use as i found my hand slid towards the head of the antivibe one.

I know most people like the CK tools, but personally i can not get on with them, i do not favour the shape of the handle and find that i can not handle them that well or work with them for that matter.

Nicky Tesla

http://sparkygroup.com/userfiles/products/k%20306%20new_1_5188.jpg

These are fantastic. I have a rotor stop drill with chisel facility like most people, but i then borrowed this off my brother in law to remove a complete bathroom of tiles and chase channels out for pipework etc. It was brilliant. Very light loads of umphh and it will keep going all day not like drills that quickly get hot.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.