Really hard water

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluetobits

Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions or experience of scale inhibitors? Our water is ridiculously hard and i'm sick of descaling everything. Do those magnetic/electronic inline jobbies actually do anything or are they just a scam?

I have had one of the inline wrap around the incoming main jobbies for a month now and I reckon our water has got softer. I'm doing the kettle test at the moment as I used a filter before so I'm hoping it's made an improvement for sure. Will keep you posted..

Thanks for that, I'll wait and see how your kettle test goes before i part with the hard earned.

bluetobits,

Here in Cyprus, we have really hard water also. I bought an electronic scale inhibitor, maybe 4 years ago while on a trip back to UK. I saw it advertised on ''Ideal World'' and was on offer (can't remember the cost) so ordered one.

Called ''Scale Wizard''

They work!! it has almost eradicated the lime scale in our kettle and other water heating appliances significantly, as i suspect it has in the pipework. Never get scale build-up on shower heads and taps now either.

Last year, i got my son to buy another for me, and bring it with him on his visit, for our rental villa. Since it's installation limescale reduced within a couple of months. ....Get one, ...i'm sure it will reduce your problems with lime scale at the very least!!!

So far so good with the kettle test. Even my missus is convinced the water is different now..As long as she's happy!! I got my electronic scale inhibitor off the internet. You will find some good offers and reviews on them on tinternet!! but will let you know how I get on all the same..Larnacaman as some positive things to say about them too so even he can enjoy softer water in sunny Cyprus..