Induction hob not working (AEG)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillBrum

Reaction score
Hi there.

Does anyone have experience of induction hobs? Mine had developed an intermittent fault where it was switching itself off. Now, it has failed entirely. I am guessing it was the wife banging spoons on the sides of pans that did it.

When I switch the power on at the isolator, instead of a long bleep the hob keeps chirping - as if it is trying to power up but only getting part way through the beep.

The Service Force people want me to take an agreement to pay

I know nothing of these hobs so here is I freely admit a cut & paste from the AEG site.

"It is very likely that the On/Off button has been covered when Off (e.g. by tea towel or pan). This blocks the operation the next time it is switched on. Zones then continue to display "0". This can be resolved by resetting: Switch off the power to the hob for 5 minutes by switching Off (normally) 2 groups simultaneously in the meter cabinet; Or alternatively: Switch the plate Off and leave your finger on the On/Off button until the display: goes On, then Off, and then makes a beeping sound. The plate has then be reset and should function normally once again."

If you want to take a look they do seem to have a very good trouble shooting section on the site..

http://www.aeg-electrolux.co.uk/

Go to service & support

If it is just a matter of resetting, the service company are out to make a fortune at