"what do you think?" (poll)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scenario:

You get a call from a contractor, whom you sub to in your local area, to attend a retail premises with a power fault.

You risk assess, and:

1. it would be unreasonable to work dead.

2. It is reasonable to work live (fault-finding on a DB containing contactors).

3. The area of the board to fault find is in the basement, closed to joe public (stock area), adjacent to the incoming TPN supply.

4. The fault has disabled the basement lighting; but the em. lights are still in "standby" (non-maintained).

Do you:

Can you phone a friend, ask the audience or go 50/50? :run

This should be in the "Poll" section , you can't put "Polls" in the "Non Poll" sections , it just confuses the slower thinking members like me, I didn't get where I am today putting "Polls" in general sections , this could be the downfall of the Forum just posting stuff willy-nilly :p :)

i voted to go for head torch and go for it.

My only concern would be the state of the installation down there, if it was a mess with exposed live parts then I would probably like someone on standby!

This should be in the "Poll" section , you can't put "Polls" in the "Non Poll" sections , it just confuses the slower thinking members like me, I didn't get where I am today putting "Polls" in general sections , this could be the downfall of the Forum just posting stuff willy-nilly :p :)
Evans Electric - I agree and have moved the thread

voted for No.2 and No.4 Dont know if thats allowed but it let me and thats how i would proceed.

Evans Electric - I agree and have moved the thread
With all respect - it is a "question", which was placed in the "question & answer" section intentionally. Had it been a generic issue / poll about what colour your favourite trousers were, I`d have put it in the "polls" section.

headbang . Thank you poodleheadbang

:red card

Well I'd go with 2 (you are there to earn a crust & sort a customers problem out) but would also make sure somebody in authority on the shopfloor knew where & what I was upto.

The poll forum is the correct place for ANY polls. ;)

The poll forum is the correct place for ANY polls. ;)
here you go then:

poles.jpg