No Pressure On Hot Water

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

My new neighbours have just moved into the house next door which has been empty for a good few months.

They have a Vokera Syntesi 25 combination boiler which seems to be working ok except there is only a trickle of hot water coming out. Our mains water coming into the premises is from an old metal pipe and there is lots of c**p coming through with it.

Is there some sort of filter that might have blocked up on the boiler?

I have checked and there is loads of pressure going in.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Sounds very much like the water ways in the heat exchanger are blocking up. Be interesting to know whether they can be reverse flushed, maybe JTL will be along soon.

If there's cr@p in the mains supply you should defo be contacting your water supplier.

Sounds very much like the water ways in the heat exchanger are blocking up. Be interesting to know whether they can be reverse flushed, maybe JTL will be along soon.If there's cr@p in the mains supply you should defo be contacting your water supplier.
You don't want me to start talking about the water supplier.

There are 8 house in my block, 7 are privately owned and connected to the old water supply and the 1 council house was recently and conveniently connected to the new water supply thus making the other 7 house resposible for cganging the old supply which is approx 200mts long and made of steel. bad day explode

Is this happened recently ie cold weather? I am thinking that because combi boilers throttle the water to control temperature, if the waters really cold the flow would reduce even more to get the temperature?

Just a thought

HTH

Is this happened recently ie cold weather? I am thinking that because combi boilers throttle the water to control temperature, if the waters really cold the flow would reduce even more to get the temperature?Just a thought

HTH
Hi,

From what I understand it was happening just before the cold weather.

There is literally just a trickle coming from the taps and at the boiler end you can hear a shhhhh sound as you would if you are restricting the water coming out of a hose pipe.

I really does sound like a blockage somewhere but I'm not sure where.

I disconnected the cold feed and the hot water out but the piped were clear