Computer Virus Fixing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calltronics

Reaction score
Recently I had a computer with a virus that was denying access to the internet.

Nothing that required internet access would work at all.

All of the installed virus checkers were disabled and could not be run.

Apparently this is a virus loaded when installing dodgy downloads.

They are getting more common as real software suppliers are uploading them under the guise of their own software to deter pirate copies

In the past the solution has been a re-build or messing with the computer at a low level to get internet and virus checker back to then remove the virus.

Now I happened upon a real beauty: -

http://live.sunbeltsoftware.com/

Download it onto a flash drive or usb key and then simply run the executable from their.

It's best to boot your computer up into safe mode fist.

Brilliant bit of kit and a must for any one who downloads torrents and dodgy software or anyone who fixes PC's

Well recommended

Recently I had a computer with a virus that was denying access to the internet.Nothing that required internet access would work at all.

All of the installed virus checkers were disabled and could not be run.

Apparently this is a virus loaded when installing dodgy downloads.

They are getting more common as real software suppliers are uploading them under the guise of their own software to deter pirate copies

In the past the solution has been a re-build or messing with the computer at a low level to get internet and virus checker back to then remove the virus.

Now I happened upon a real beauty: -

http://live.sunbeltsoftware.com/

Download it onto a flash drive or usb key and then simply run the executable from their.

It's best to boot your computer up into safe mode fist.

Brilliant bit of kit and a must for any one who downloads torrents and dodgy software or anyone who fixes PC's

Well recommended
Had a similar thing to this happen to me once all I did was a system restore to an earlier date and it went.

Had a similar thing to this happen to me once all I did was a system restore to an earlier date and it went.
Quite a common form of Malware, whatever browser you launch same result "you have x number of issues with your PC, you must visit our website and for a small fee we can fix it for you". Basically just a form of ransom