GEC Compact 45

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennysaxelby

Reaction score
We have a 16 year old Compact 45 electric central heating boiler which can't be beaten for economy and efficiency -when it works. 2 years ago the element failed and

Welcome to the forum Jenny, I have moved this question into the heating sub-forum. Is this your boiler type that you are having problems with? http://www.hes.co.uk/compact-c-249.html Who installed the replacement part? did it carry any maintenance support or warranty? Looking at the parts list on the web site there are a few sensors and other devices that could have failed. I think you need someone to come and test it to identify any failed items.

Doc H.

Thanks Doc - having looked at the site, I`d be having similar thoughts. It doesn`t sound like a generic failure of the same part twice in fairly recent succession is typical - possibly an underlying fault; e.g. limit stat; damaged core etc.

KME

Well...

1/ Hello welcome to the forumbulator!

2/ 16 year old boiler jobbie.....

what is the expected lifespan of these beasts?

3/ looks like the day-time boys have covered the basics & essentails...

4/ have you found Admins virtual bar...

Guinness or a :Y

5/ I have never seen one of these beasties.....

do you know anyone else with a similar make/model boiler at all you could compare note with...?

6/ have another

Guinness

7/ have another

:Y

8/ Did I say welcome...

9/ Admin's coming up the ward now to give me my medication..

so goodbye!

10/ This is one of the best forums in the world so feel free to ask anything!

:)

Hi @Jennysaxelby - do you still have your Compact 45 electric central heating boiler? I'm doing a project to redesign one and it would be so useful if I could come and take a look at how it works? Or perhaps you've still got the original manual that I could get a copy of?

Or does any one else have a copy of the manual for these old units?

Any help would be so appreciated!

All the best,

Will

Latest posts