Which Earth Leakage Clamp

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISSWWW

Reaction score
As a result of this thread i am running a poll to see which Earth Leakage Clamp would be the best to try and get a special TEF deal on.

Your imput would be most appreciated,

All but the Chauvin Arnoux can be found on the web site at the bottom of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for the one I use rather than the one I want :)

That dilog looks great value for money my only real concern would be the size of the jaws.

Now see Manator, I'm a Fluke guy, was brought up on them (& the AVO8!).

I have 5 Fluke meters of different types already!

However, IF MM had not brought this up I would have gone for a used Robin, which comes highly recommended from a reliable source, or, the Fluke.

Now I'm in a quandry!

Now I`ve just looked at all the options; and I think that the higher priced options will be more suited to "niche markets", for their individual pros and cons; each unit can do what we would buy such a unit to do. If cost wasn`t an issue, my choice would be different; but taking everything I just read into account, I`ve voted for the Di-log, as it seems to offer the necessary capabilities at a reasonable price.

KME

I have to agree KME I was surprised at the low price, I need a new one and was just going to get a new fluke but and this is a big but, if that dilog does what it says on the tin for under

I voted Di-Log too. There's no way I can justify spending some of those amounts on a meter that will be used occasionally. The DiLog looks like it could be a valuable aid in fault finding at a very reasonable price. If I were engaged in fault finding on a more regular basis then I dare say my answer would be different, but I'm not.

I voted Di-Log too. There's no way I can justify spending some of those amounts on a meter that will be used occasionally. The DiLog looks like it could be a valuable aid in fault finding at a very reasonable price. If I were engaged in fault finding on a more regular basis then I dare say my answer would be different, but I'm not.
I do some PIR work on large installs were it is often a limitation to power down to IR test, these meters are invaluable as an indication, faults can be localised by methodically testing along the cables to find any problem, I can also see how they can help to identify faulty appliances by showing lower imbalances than that of other type of meters, once you use them the more often you find you actually do use them.

KME,Spill the beans, which one if cost was not such an issue?...
More than likely, the Fluke; though the Chauvin isn`t too slouchy on spec. The Amprobe seems like a clever piece of kit; but I wouldn`t use / need most of the functionality, TBH - back to my comment about "niches".

KME

Well i also went with the DiLOG job. Basically because this is the bit of kit that will suit the needs of most of the electricians here. The others may be better in many ways, ...but not 200+ GB Pounds better. They may suit some that have niche areas of work as others have mentioned, but that's not what this poll is about.

The DiLOG DL6507 seems to be a good all round piece of kit that's under a 100 quid, and that's all that's required, the fancy bits on the other units aren't!!

Will need to look at the specs Mark, definitely interested though.What's your timescale?
As soon as i feel the poll has run its course i will get a qty deal on the winner and maybe one other, thanks for all the comments and votes so far, already looks interesting.:worship

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted for the Di-Log, at that price its one you cannot afford to buy and useHave the fluke myself though
Thanks for this mate, also thank you very much for the http://isswww.co.uk/ reference in your signature, I'm sure you know how helpfull this is:Salute:worship:Applaud

I bought a Dilog (off megger mark) - incredibly useful bit of kit!

Doing an industrial PIR at the moment - usual case, neutrals not marked up or in any order ........ identified them with this bit of kit.

Hi Megger Mark,

what sort of deal can you offer for the DILOG 6507 Clamp meter ???

cheers rob

OK,

It's the Di-log or the Amprobe AC50A for me which Mark does not have on the poll, so I have gone for the DiLog, however, the AC50A offers an auto max capture, that could be REALLY useful for fault finding!

Mark has this on his site for