Indesit W161UK (LB2000C) programmer fault?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Indesit W161UK model LB2000C washing machine.

Fault. When you start a program, it locks the door, then does nothing else.

It is NOT flashing an error code.

I know the controller is working, because if you create a fault, say by unplugging the pressure switch, then it will start rotating the dial, and will flash out the error code 10.

So in my case, it's not flashing an error code, so it does not believe there is an error.

Instead, I think it's operating normally. I think the program is waiting for something before moving onto the next step, but I don't know what it is waiting for.

I have the service manual (next to useless) for an almost identical machine but it has been no help.

I have traced out part of the wiring of the machine which I have attached. This is most of the wiring loom, and at least a functional part of how it connects on the controller board.

I know from the test points I have identified that the microcontrolller is not commanding any outputs on, apart from the door lock. So it's not asking the motor to run, and it's not asking any of the fill valves to open.

The only thing I can think is that it's waiting for confirmation of the door being locked.

The door is locked with a solenoid, and when locked the one and only contact on the door lock outputs 240V to the controller board. That appears to be working fine.

As far as I can tell, this 230v "door locked" only feeds out to other devices. I can't see anywhere on the controller board where it is actually used, so I can't see how the microcontroller gets to know about the door being locked.

Any ideas pleas on how this should work, and what is making it wait, doing nothing indefinitely?

W161UK page 1.pdf

Attachments

• W161UK page 1.pdf
    13.7 KB · Views: 10
is the 'LIVE (door shut)' under CNE-H live when it should be?

could be coil is failing and higher resistance than normal, and so less voltage at the PCB, so it thinks its open?

Hey, I've almost fixed it.

Following my theory that there must be some way for this controller to sense the 240V "door locked" I've been following where it goes. I find refering to connector H, "240V locked" goes out of pin 2. Now the motor armature connects between pin 1 and pin 2.

Guess what. The motor brushes are shot. So I was reading O/C between pin 1 and pin 2. Having tweeked the brushes mounting brackets to squeeze the last few microns out of the brushes, I now get continuity between pin 1 and 2, and the machine starts up.

So it's sensing the "240V locked" from connector H pin 1, and because the motor was o/c it was perpetually waiting (it thought) for the door to be closed. I can clearly see a 220K resistor connected here leading off towards the microcontroller.

However, that's not the end of it. Although it starts it's program and starts filling, after a short pause another relay clicks on, at which point the motor starts. Only it doesn't.

Tracing the circuit a bit more reveals it's fed from Q1 a BTB12 Triac, that's giving no output.

So my theory is arcing brushes as they were on their last legs have killed this triac. Do you think that's plausible?

Anyway new triac and new motor brushes have been ordered. I'll report back when I get them and fit them.

So my theory is arcing brushes as they were on their last legs have killed this triac. Do you think that's plausible?
could be. at least youve found it. let us know how it goes

wonder how much you would have been charged for those repairs

The parts arrived a couple of days ago, and I've finally had time to fit them.

New brushed and replacement triac, and the machine is back in working order.