Flat Roof solar PV installation in Larnaca

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larnacaman

Senior Member.
Reaction score
As promised, ...if a little late, some photo's of my friends solar PV system on the flat roof of his showroom building in Larnaca.

Sorry but can't give you any real details of the system, but if you want to ask any questions, I'll be seeing him on Tuesday and will endeavor to get the answers for you then....

What i can tell you, the system was put into service around 41/2 years ago. Initially had problems with the incoming DC breaker, which kept tripping out. He also wasn't happy with T&E cable that the installers had used, so asked me to replace with SWA. Which i did, and made sure where the cable crossed a walkway, it was protected!! I also replaced the Breaker with DP HRC fuses. Haha!! ....No more tripping!!! The out going cable remains T&E, but it is run in an underground duct system.

STA60979.jpg

STA60987.jpg

STA60980.jpg

STA60981.jpg

STA60982.jpg

STA60983.jpg

STA60990.jpg

STA60993.jpg

This was the read out at the controller around 10am here (8am UK time) this morning

STA60991.jpg

These are the two auto Advertisement boards i spoke about in another thread.

STA60984.jpg

STA60989.jpg

And this is one of Larnaca's ultra modern Fire Stations, which is just across the road from the showrooms... lol!!!

STA60985.jpg

As promised, ...if a little late, some photo's of my friends solar PV system on the flat roof of his showroom building in Larnaca.Sorry but can't give you any real details of the system, but if you want to ask any questions, I'll be seeing him on Tuesday and will endeavor to get the answers for you then....

What i can tell you, the system was put into service around 41/2 years ago. Initially had problems with the incoming DC breaker, which kept tripping out. He also wasn't happy with T&E cable that the installers had used, so asked me to replace with SWA. Which i did, and made sure where the cable crossed a walkway, it was protected!! I also replaced the Breaker with DP HRC fuses. Haha!! ....No more tripping!!! The out going cable remains T&E, but it is run in an underground duct system.

STA60979.jpg

STA60987.jpg

STA60980.jpg

STA60981.jpg

STA60982.jpg

STA60983.jpg

STA60990.jpg

STA60993.jpg

This was the read out at the controller around 10am here (8am UK time) this morning

STA60991.jpg

These are the two auto Advertisement boards i spoke about in another thread.

STA60984.jpg

STA60989.jpg

And this is one of Larnaca's ultra modern Fire Stations, which is just across the road from the showrooms... lol!!!

STA60985.jpg
You are so lucky living in Larnaca, my parents retired there around 4 years ago and I would love to come there but, with 4 kids and another on the way, I can't take the gamble.

It must be great waking up to beautiful sunshine nearly everyday

Been twice to Cyprus,

first time was my honeymoon not too far from Agia Napa, and my wife left me in the sea to nearly drown (think she had second thoughts). Hotel, place and people all really friendly and great! Travelled all around the island and remember spending 2 hours driving up the Troodos mountains to visit the Kykos monastery, only for it to be closed!

2nd time went to Pafos and thought lets go back to that monastery, checked it all out and set out early. Oh yes ROADWORKS, all the way up the Troodos mountains. It took hours to get there and again too late to get in the monastery.

Cant wait to try my luck for the third time! :)

haha!! ....What do they say, ...3rd time LUCKY!!!

Not keen on Paphos at all, much prefer this end of the Island.

Far too many Brits in Paphos for my liking. ...Funny, they buy these villa's up the steep hills when they first retire, then as the years go on, they find that they can walk down the hill to buy there newspaper, but can't get back up them ...lol!!!

how many hours of useable sunlight does the array get in winter? With that big building infront?

how many hours of useable sunlight does the array get in winter? With that big building infront?
Actually looks worse than it really is...lol!!!

Sun up here right now is around 5.30am, Sun down around 5.15pm.

Generation as far as i'm aware, peaks between 11am till around 3pm at the moment, at around 3KW. In the summer for much much longer, and at higher KW output... not sure of the maximum output, think somewhere around 5KW, maybe more...

Forgot to mention, The system is wholly connected to the supply company, there is no connection to the buildings electrical supply system.

But i did install a double weatherproof socket on the roof for him, in case he needed a source of power for his own needs, fed from the DP breaker at the controller panel board (Normally switched ''Off"). You can see the roof outlet in one of the photo's. ...lol!!!