Who likes the new Format ??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a bit early to do a poll, there is still a bit of work to do and all being well the reported bugs will be sorted, by that time most people will have adapted to the new format. Like anything new it takes time to adapt. The old forum was not changed for the hell of it there were reasons and a need for the update. I am not use to it as yet but playing around and visiting as much as I can I do not see any major difficulties.

Interesting to see what the results are now and what they would be in acouple of months when we all get used to it.

It looks a bit cartoony with those big green things , and the thread title has become tiny and unimportant looking .

I'm surprised Admin didn't tell me we were on 3.8X , obviously not suported by Vb ....so they're on version 4.1.1 now eh! ...HHHmmmmm ....I thought so but didn't like to say. :C

Not bothered one way or the other.

As long as I can get on and start an argument....

To the 9 people who voted they didnt like it or its ok i supose!!!!

For shame on you....... :(

Admin has worked solid for 2 days (WITHOUT sleep may i add), to upgrade this forum.

Rome wasnt built in a day....give it time and im sure you'll all grow to love it :)

Thanks Guys,

As already been said, It will take getting used to. I am not over keen on the version 4 range, but I will have to get used to it because the version 3 range will become obsolete.

As Canoeboy has rightly stated, it will become a security risk to remain on version 3. We were on the very last version 3.8.6 PL2. That is, as far as the software manufacturers have made out, the last one they're doing in that version.

The colours on the buttons can be changed. (read and unread) back to the original blue and orange, if you all want. But I do have important things to do, before any fine tweeks like them.

I have had over 1,200 error e-mails with regrard to the old "Groan (3.8) and the "Thanks". I have been forced to delete the old "Groan", but an still getting errors about it, so there is a problem there, that I have to try to sort out.

The Thanks, has been disabled and not deleted - but again, I am still receiving the error messages. (They are driving me mad, but I hope to sort them).

So bare with me and give me feedback.

not sure about everything being so close together,

makes it easy to click the wrong thing!!!

and a real nightmare on the phone browser thingie, and my fingers aint that fat.

still, I havent voted cos its not fair just yet IMO, it cant be new and improved, it can only be one or t'other, time will tell.

What in particular is "So close together" mate? Bare in mid, also - that I have not doen the tapatalk for this version of forum yet. ;)

Will do that very soon for you.

(And post back here to let you all know).

I dont use tapatalk,

on the main page everything seems tight, even the login is on another clickable banner, when clicking a post sometimes the OPs name gets clicked instead,

its not a big deal TBH, apart from maybe moving the log in off the banner that takes you to the home page,

OK,

I have just installed Tapatalk on this forum.

Steps, could you and evryone else test this on your different phone versions please?

Please let me know if it is better etc.

Many Thanks,

Admin.

I like the 'top' button at the bottom of the page. Either there wasn't one there before or I completely missed it, but so far it's my favourite button!!

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but my list of new posts is no longer going down. It just stays on 39. I am tired so think I may go to bed early tonight.

Did I miss something....

Has something changed???

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:33 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:30 ----------

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but my list of new posts is no longer going down. It just stays on 39. I am tired so think I may go to bed early tonight.
Ahhhhh...

That'll be me....

I keep chucking all the posts I've read into the back of your van...

you left the door open....

and the kettle was still boiling... :put the kettle on

and I ate that last slice of cake you left on Monday!!!!!!

]:) ] :)

using it on the PC tonight and Im still clicking stuff that has been bunched too close together,.!

sorry admin,

maybe its an age thing,

I like my clicky things to be deffo and separate.

:(

Im still not gonna vote just yet.

ps,

if you need an example go to badgers aquarium poll (for example) and run your mouse between the thread title and badgers name,

you will see what I mean, took me 3 attempts to get on the thread.

Don't like it, sorry...

Really dislike the sponsors being down the left hand side. Makes it much harder to read.

Don't like the icons or the wishy washy colours either.